Reliability: Husky vs. Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea what Parrisw said earlier your subjective opinion

Interesting. The 3120 has been the only saw to shed parts on me, but only twice.

That said, you are talking about two of the three best built saws currently built on the planet. Just what is the point of this besides bashing?

Mark

Last edited:
This just reminds me of school children saying my dad can beat up your dad. We are better than that and the minless posts that keep popping up should be deleted right away imo.

This just reminds me of school children saying my dad can beat up your dad. We are better than that and the minless posts that keep popping up should be deleted right away imo.

unless, of course, my dad really can beat up your dad.:buttkick:

just kiddin, i think this is all in good fun.

ha ha ha, I wouldn't say that. I would say Toyota and Honda. I hate BMW's, their a pain in the azzzz to fix, and hella $$$$$$$$ to fix. People buy older ones, thinking they can afford them, well, not until they have to fix the dayyyyaaammmm thing they cant.

Yeah, i was gonna go with Toyota and Honda, but thought i would stick with the German/Swedish argument:greenchainsaw:

+1000000000000000, agreeded. Kinda annoying actually sometimes. Don't get me wrong I like haveing some fun just as much as the next guy, but saying one or the other is garbage, is well, just ........... GARBAGE.

Yeah, i was gonna go with Toyota and Honda, but thought i would stick with the German/Swedish argument:greenchainsaw:

Good plan.

The dam European cars, BMW,Mercedes,Volvo,Volkswagen. They just do everything goddam bassakwards. I am an auto mechanic, and I just generally dislike working on them, everything seems to be completely opposite from the norm. One thing in particular, they like to nut and bolt everything together, instead of having a threaded hole like all Japanese and domestic, they fricken put a goddam nut on the end, sometimes being very difficult to get ahold of.

I just did on a Mercedes yesterday, and aux electric water pump for the heater?????????????? WTF why cant they do it like normal and rely on the regular water pump to circulate the coolant through the heater core. It cost they guy $280 just for the part, then labour. They just have so many more dumb things to go wrong, hence the extra cost of repairs over other cars.

+1000000000000000, agreeded. Kinda annoying actually sometimes. Don't get me wrong I like haveing some fun just as much as the next guy, but saying one or the other is garbage, is well, just ........... GARBAGE.
I agree. I've never owned a stihl but thinking about it. I dont even know what their numbers mean as far as how big the saw is. My dealer sells husky and stihl. Whats the next step up from the 361?

I agree. I've never owned a stihl but thinking about it. I dont even know what their numbers mean as far as how big the saw is. My dealer sells husky and stihl. Whats the next step up from the 361?

While everyone knows you're joking about your lack of knowledge about Stihl models, many would still respond the 372XP.

Right here where I live the 441 is $779 msrp with a 20" .063 bar and chain. Im not throwing a sales pitch but Im selling mine thats almost new for 600, plus 2 spare chains and it has a 20" bar. It will be on the trading post with pics as soon as Darin approves it.

Back