Reliability: Husky vs. Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever noticed that the majority of his photos were of him using Huskys? Tell us why you think that is.

He had many Stihl vids as well, hands on with both, sorta knocks your experaince argument to hell now don't it. Now what did he mean Space,hmmm

Answer the question, stop sidestepping it, tell me what he meant...

You're paraphrased what you've read some time ago, meaning you've taken what you've wanted to from what he said. I don't know what he actually said, as you said you're not going to bother looking it up. This is classic hearsay. Now, explain all these photos. :cheers:

He had many Stihl vids as well, hands on with both, sorta knocks your experaince argument to hell now don't it. Now what did he mean Space,hmmm

I just went searching. The husky shots outnumber the stihl ones 2 to 1. Like I said though, he liked different models in both brands. You haven't shown anything.

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn pictures don't answer the question Space, you will never make it in the courtroom with those stalling tactics,LOLOL

You're paraphrased what you've read some time ago, meaning you've taken what you've wanted to from what he said. I don't know what he actually said, as you said you're not going to bother looking it up. This is classic hearsay. Now, explain all these photos. :cheers:

How can it be hearsay if I know what he said. I don't have to look it up, you do if you don't have the go nads to answer the question,hehehe

How can it be hearsay if I know what he said. I don't have to look it up, you do if you don't have the go nads to answer the question,hehehe

You also don't know what hearsay is. Furthermore, you know very well that I will concede a point when it is made. Make your point. If he said what you claim, show it.

You also don't know what hearsay is. Furthermore, you know very well that I will concede a point when it is made. Make your point. If he said what you claim, show it.

You are the one that is defending your experiance claims therefore its up to you to prove my claim is false. If you can't you lose the case. Now answer the question or go searching, trust me if you look long enough you'll find it,LOL

"You're probably right about the weight, but the 385 just seems to suit me better than the 066, so I guess I just assumed it was lighter by virtue of that.
Just speaking up for Stihl for a moment, the resale of a used Stihl is generaly higher than the resale of a used Husky. Huskies are a one man saw, while Stihl I believe will endure incredible abuse. I mean look at the 038 and the 028 not to mention the 090.. Those 044's have gotta be the best all around saw ever made after all the cards have been dealt.
John"

Here you go.. only took a minute or two.

You are the one that is defending your experiance claims therefore its up to you to prove my claim is false. If you can't you lose the case. Now answer the question or go searching, trust me if you look long enough you'll find it,LOL

Defending what experience claims? You've got the burden backwards. It's up to a person making a claim to substantiate it. Not the other way around.

"You're probably right about the weight, but the 385 just seems to suit me better than the 066, so I guess I just assumed it was lighter by virtue of that.
Just speaking up for Stihl for a moment, the resale of a used Stihl is generaly higher than the resale of a used Husky. Huskies are a one man saw, while Stihl I believe will endure incredible abuse. I mean look at the 038 and the 028 not to mention the 090.. Those 044's have gotta be the best all around saw ever made after all the cards have been dealt.
John"

Here you go.. only took a minute or two.

All right, now we have an original quote and can see what he actually said. First of all, he's comparing the 090, 028, and 038, none of which have been made in years. 044 is more modern, but it is no longer made either.

Yes, he's saying those saws are more durable than Husky, and I'll agree. However, they're likely also more durable than modern Stihls. This is exactly why we need context. He's not expressed an opinion on the latest generation of Stihls.

Defending what experience claims? You've got the burden backwards. It's up to a person making a claim to substantiate it. Not the other way around.

Your honor it do appear Mr Space is refusing to answer a simple question knowing once he does he can no longer defend his claim. He claims those that have no trigger time can claim which is better than the other. Yet he has none either. So we take the words from a man that has plenty and yet Mr Space chooses to ignore a simple question. I suggest contempt of court!,LOLOL

Last edited:
As quoted below is A+ advice. also how a person maintains and uses a saw will determin life not the breed of saw used. abuse and lack of maintence will effect any saws life cycle.
just my penny thought
:cheers:

"The biggest problem with either brand is usually the abusive owners."

Excellent observation. With any peice of equipment, especially a chain saw, it should be kept in top condition to expect a full life expectancy out of it. Running with dirty air cleaners, carburetor set incorrectly, poor fuel quality, low quality 2 stroke mix, incorrect mix ratio, loose chain, overly tight chain, dull chain, etc, etc, can and will effect how well your saw serves you, and how long it lasts.

I was critisized a few weeks back for hand sharpening chains in the field. For over 30 years, I have been "touching" up my chains anytime they get dull, or when the saw is stopped briefly for fuel/bar oil. When you get proficient at it, it takes no longer to bring the chain to it's full cutting potential, as it did to type this.

The saw will respond by cutting more wood per rpm, without working it nearly as hard. In the big scheme of things the saws engine will provide a longer service life, and get more work done. IMHO, this completely offsets the couple of minutes lost taking the time to sharpen the chain in the field.

In contrast, I've seen guys piss around trying to change chains on an old stump, loosing parts in the sawdust, having trouble getting the tension screw repositioned for the new chain, etc, etc. Who's really spending more time doing what it this scenario?

Not trying to start a pissing contest over chains and sharpening them, etc, just trying to point out that there are other fringe benefits from keeping a chain razor sharp, like getting more life out of the saw as well.

I don't have a ton of experience with really new models from either Husky or Stihl, but the older models were pretty much on par with each other. They both made really good, and not so good models. Some guys favor one brand in particular over the other, much like some guys like Fords, and others like Chevrolets....but everyone knows Fords are just plain JUNK!....just kidding......Cliff

Back