Reliability of Echo cs680 and Husqvarna 572xp saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kodiakmac

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I would appreciate some honest, first-hand, feedback from anyone who has actually owned and operated either of these saws for a year or two. I am not considering other saw brands simply because I don't have reliable dealers/shops for other brands in the immediate area. I know the specs of these 2 saws, and I'm not looking for opinions ....I just want actual experience. The pros and cons. Thanks.

If you don't have access to a dealer with software for that 572. May need to locate one, problems are rare, but do happen.

If you don't have access to a dealer with software for that 572. May need to locate one, problems are rare, but do happen.

I DO have good reliable dealers for both Echo and Husqvarna saws in this area. I do NOT have reliable dealers for other makes....so that's why I am only asking about the reliability of these two chainsaws.

Then, good friend owns Great lakes tree removal and runs 2 - 572's, had to have one saw reflashed, saws see a lot of use. He has nothing but good to say about them. I have owned and cut with a 572, smooth saw.

The prices of these 572's on these forums make them very tempting. Another 25 bucks for a full wrap/dogs and you got a real money maker. My zcs 272xp paid for itself this evening falling a few oaks. I just can't justify a 572 w/ such a good running 272xp.

The 572 I have is very reliable, every echo product I have is as well. I would go with the 572 and get the wrap kit like I did to get yourself one heck of a saw.

Attachments

• 20200105_165617.jpg
    20200105_165617.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 34
No experience with the cs680 or Husky 572. I do have a CS490 and a Husky 555. Both have been trouble free, good running saws. The 572 will probably make a bit more power, but it will also be a couple hundred bucks more to purchase. Both saws are equipped with standard carbs and should be fairly straight forward for the home based mechanic to keep them running for years to come. I would not hesitate to buy either of them... or both.

No experience with the cs680 or Husky 572. I do have a CS490 and a Husky 555. Both have been trouble free, good running saws. The 572 will probably make a bit more power, but it will also be a couple hundred bucks more to purchase. Both saws are equipped with standard carbs and should be fairly straight forward for the home based mechanic to keep them running for years to come. I would not hesitate to buy either of them... or both.
The 572 is autotune unless I am missing something?

I've owned two CS-670's and a CS-6700. They are very well built saws and will provide many years of trouble free service.

The con's are lackluster for power production, OK, but not on par with a Husqvarna 268xp, 272xp, or 372xp, for example. They also oil the chain all the time.

None of mine were overly happy with 24" or longer bars on them, OK with a 20" bar. For some reason all three had a pretty narrow power curve, decent mid-range, but not overly impressive high RPM power. If I tried to lean any of them up to get them to RPM they would stall against the clutch too easily when you started "pushing" them hard.

I sent all three down the road and went to the CS-590/600P/620PW platforms instead. They are a much better design, better power to weight, inboard clutch, excellent anti-vibe, ergonomics, and broad/smooth/flat power curves.

Now when Echo builds a 70-75cc saw on the CS-620 platform it will be something that will get my attention for sure......Cliff

Thanks CliffR. How does the 620 handle a 24" bar?

I've been wondering the same thing, I'm looking for a in tree saw. I'm torn between the 620pw and 562 w/ a wrap handlebar. Will mainly use a 20" but a 24" will definitely be needed. I'd prefer to run full comp but skip will work if they don't like a 24" very much. Tough decision, light weight and pricier 562 or cheaper 1lb heavier 620pw

I've been running a 24" bar on my 600P for several years now and it does fine with it. The CS-620PW would only be better......Neither has the power of my Husqvarna 268XP but they are considerably more user friendly. Better ergonomics, anti-vibe, and broad/smooth power curve compared to wanting to live at really high RPM's all the time.

Another HUGE advantage of the CS-590/600P/620PW design is cross-cutting/noodling. They refuse to plug up, and I do a lot of that sort of thing here to make HUGE pieces more manageable to the splitter........CliffIMG_1177.jpgMaple1.JPG

I have owned my Echo cs680 for about 6 years now . It's very reliable . I have never had it in the shop for repairs and I am running a 24 inch bar full comp chain cutting Mesquite wood . I got it brand new and it runs like a champ.

Latest posts

Back