Reliable chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
think I mentioned something about tightening bolts on a husqy... which I guess is trashing them, cause it kinda is

Yer not trashing them though, it’s a fact of life. I learned real early or the apparent requirement, and it was it *was* annoying to go around and Loctite every fastener on a 372 or 395 when I got it. They run pretty smooth, though. I don’t have a gimpy wrist but I sure do have hands that go numb really easy when they’re cold or vibrated.

I could say the new update, neutered (down to 6.6 horsepower?!) 395 has been pussified with a new muffler and that the front chain tensioner is a pain on par with using an unlubricated horse catheter when some gunk builds up around it, and trust me, it will come springtime. That would be trashing a Husqvarna saw.

Yer not trashing them though, it’s a fact of life. I learned real early or the apparent requirement, and it was it *was* annoying to go around and Loctite every fastener on a 372 or 395 when I got it. They run pretty smooth, though. I don’t have a gimpy wrist but I sure do have hands that go numb really easy when they’re cold or vibrated.

I could say the new update, neutered (down to 6.6 horsepower?!) 395 has been pussified with a new muffler and that the front chain tensioner is a pain on par with using an unlubricated horse catheter when some gunk builds up around it, and trust me, it will come springtime. That would be trashing a Husqvarna saw.
now why in the Hel would you be using a horse catheter, they sell regular ones at the pharmacy... cheap too so when the "gunk" builds up you could just buy a new one...

And them front mounted tensioner screws are a total pain in the urethra, as well as outboard clutches...

I'll take a slightly dirty air cleaner over missing parts and difficult chain swaps

4 pages to turn into a brand fight!:D

I have 4 372’s and 2 395’s. None of them shake screws loose. Seriously guys, what tha!

Stihl and Husqvarna make equally as good a saw only different.

4 pages to turn into a brand fight!:D

I have 4 372’s and 2 395’s. None of them shake screws loose. Seriously guys, what tha!

Stihl and Husqvarna make equally as good a saw only different.
The coriolis effect? I mean yer guys turds go the wrong way around so? seems to me the same effect could keep the screw tight on a turd?

The coriolis effect? I mean yer guys turds go the wrong way around so? seems to me the same effect could keep the screw tight on a turd?

Yeah right, so thats whats going on with the Stihls In the north! But seriously no saw is going to get a work out cutting softwood in the northern hemisphere! 36” bar on a 70cc saw!:laugh:

Yeah right, so thats whats going on with the Stihls In the north! But seriously no saw is going to get a work out cutting softwood in the northern hemisphere! 36” bar on a 70cc saw!:laugh:
well, to be fair... "soft wood" is relative... Douglas Fir is harder then some species of Maples...

But you widdershins turd flushing types have some crazy hard hard woods down there...

And lets be honest, if the import fees on Stihls weren't so high... would you still run a husqy?

well, to be fair... "soft wood" is relative... Douglas Fir is harder then some species of Maples...

But you widdershins turd flushing types have some crazy hard hard woods down there...

And lets be honest, if the import fees on Stihls weren't so high... would you still run a husqy?
Hmm, at the time, my choice was between a 395 and the certifiably skitzo 661. Call it a Hobson's choice. Just don't call me ;-)

Haha, “Douglas Fir is harder”:lol: Yeah ive heard of ”rock hard Fir”, lol. If only you wankers knew! Grrrrr my 60cc saw with 36” grrrr! Um, compensating for something?

Up north where the logs are soft and the loggers softer!

Yeah id still be running the Husky’s. As ive said previously, i dont see a reason to own one of these two brands over the other. My first Husky was a brand new 371XP. I was impressed with that saw. Still have it as a 77cc ported saw and heaven forbid it is running an 064 piston! I acquired a few more Huskys and so be it. Had i bought an 046 i might have been all Stihl. To this day after all my years, i dont see either of these brands being better than the other. Maybe a model back and forth. Lets take the 660 and 395 for examples. The 395 is a tad heavier but the 660 vibrates way more. Choose your weapon.

Now where were we? Oh yeah, northern hemisphere loggers cutting dead straight rock hard soft wood. What a challenge! :ices_rofl:

Yeah id still be running the Husky’s. As ive said previously, i dont see a reason to own one of these two brands over the other. My first Husky was a brand new 371XP. I was impressed with that saw. Still have it as a 77cc ported saw and heaven forbid it is running an 064 piston! I acquired a few more Huskys and so be it. Had i bought an 046 i might have been all Stihl. To this day after all my years, i dont see either of these brands being better than the other. Maybe a model back and forth. Lets take the 660 and 395 for examples. The 395 is a tad heavier but the 660 vibrates way more. Choose your weapon.

Now where were we? Oh yeah, northern hemisphere loggers cutting dead straight rock hard soft wood. What a challenge! :ices_rofl:
honestly I started on a Mac, one of their late model top handle jobs, with the thumb oiler... I was 6...
Got my grubby paws on a Homelite when I was about 9... (that bastard still runs lol and probably why I have arthritis in my hands)
Bout the time we moved to warshington (10-11) were given? or more likely someone stole a Stihl... been Using them ever since. with the odd assortment of Sachs/Dolmar, and whatnot

Never was a Husqy dealer near enough to us to bother with em

honestly I started on a Mac, one of their late model top handle jobs, with the thumb oiler... I was 6...
Got my grubby paws on a Homelite when I was about 9... (that bastard still runs lol and probably why I have arthritis in my hands)
Bout the time we moved to warshington (10-11) were given? or more likely someone stole a Stihl... been Using them ever since. with the odd assortment of Sachs/Dolmar, and whatnot

Never was a Husqy dealer near enough to us to bother with em

Yeeah bloody arthritis. Ive had a lot of broken bones over the years but my arthritis is everywhere but! I can handle it to a point in my neck and knees but my hands i need more so.

Yeeah bloody arthritis. Ive had a lot of broken bones over the years but my arthritis is everywhere but! I can handle it to a point in my neck and knees but my hands i need more so.
yup, gots me a bunch of stainless hardware to go with it lol

I'm only 42 lol.. smashed legs and smashed arms, and smashed shoulders don't help anything...

never thought I'd survive 23, so I lived like it too... high speed low drag who needs brakes when you have trees to slow you down lol

yup, gots me a bunch of stainless hardware to go with it lol

I'm only 42 lol.. smashed legs and smashed arms, and smashed shoulders don't help anything...

never thought I'd survive 23, so I lived like it too... high speed low drag who needs brakes when you have trees to slow you down lol

Im 62. I still ride the trailbikes. Only last year i had a foot full of titanium. I was booked to have it removed. Thought i better go for a ride out bush cause it we be some time before i get the chance too again. Foot felt a little odd from that point on. Come out of surgery and the Surgeon asked what i had been up to? Oh i went for a trail bike ride, why? He said you have broken screws in there we cant remove. I said it must have been from landing off the erosion humps. The look of disbelief from the medical staff!

E2817A25-CDAA-4C25-A6AB-AC9C584CE653.jpeg86E7E512-3829-4C47-856E-D09886F26B85.jpeg

Back