• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Reliable saw, 18+ inch bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If its a closed port 55, it should have a series of +++++++ cast into the cylinder flange on the clutch side.just pull the clutch cover and look at the bottom of the cylinder where it bolts to the crank case.

If its a closed port 55, it should have a series of +++++++ cast into the cylinder flange on the clutch side.just pull the clutch cover and look at the bottom of the cylinder where it bolts to the crank case.
That spot is not very visible even with the clutch cover off. I can not see any #'s. However on the starter side I can look down to see the word mahle. The plastics do list it as a Rancher, but I know that doesn't mean much.

Attachments

• IMG_20160425_171506.jpg
    IMG_20160425_171506.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
I don't know the the "++++++" rule always aplies but I could be wrong. The one I just pulled apart the other day had the "+++++" but was a single/open port, very clean but open... It got a little grinding and hope once the carbs here, a good runner! The 51/55s are good saws.

KIMG0460.jpg KIMG0462.jpg

Latest posts

Back