• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Reliable saw, 18+ inch bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The power of donuts:sweet:, the work for cops and saw guys. Better have a box in the car all the time just in case :yes:.
IMG_20140731_171053_704.jpg
July 31st 2014.......$30 each, and a dozen doughnuts. I spent a year cultivating the relationship with the 40 year in business shop. 4x262XP's and 2x266XP's, this was in my top 3 best deals that Summer.

Hey yurt dweller.
Is it the 290 in concord.
If so I would want to know what the heck happened to the cover. It looks like a mouse was chewing on it. I would look the fuel lines over good to make sure they are not chewed up as well.
That would be a great saw to start with. You will want more quickly though I would guess. That model of saw has cut a lot of firewood through the yrs and if it works well you will like it for most everything under 12-14", once it gets bigger than that it will lose a good bit of speed, but will do up to a 20" bar with a .325 chain in a pinch.
Hope this helps.

Meh? If the seller paid $700, then I'd ask him to throw in the MS180, chaps, helmet, gallon of bar oil, and 4 spare loops of chain that he got with the MS311 for $700.......
BB I'd love one to, for the price Jon bought them for:)
Not everyone gets the deals you get. It takes a lot of work and being 100% "in".
A buddy of mine paid over 750 for his 311 two yrs ago, with no extras (I know :dumb:). Now that he knows me he would do it differently, but the saw has never given him a problem at all and we've done a lot of cutting. I did give him an 18" B&C and he is enjoying that:). In that same amount of time I have used over 20 saws cutting while he used the 311. I'm making a buck and cutting wood with mine while he is just cutting wood. The good thing is he could easily sell his for 350 in our market, just not on AS lol. I've sold many 310's and the 311 is the newer version of it (you know this although the OP probably doesn't).
The 310 is a great saw that does well wearing an 18" B&C, and will pull a 24" if needed although not quite as proudly.
This is a little load of black locust that was dead standing(part of my vertical wood pile) that was blown down, I cut it up with one of the 310's I sold.20151219_152004.jpg

BB I'd love one to, for the price Jon bought them for:)
Not everyone gets the deals you get. It takes a lot of work and being 100% "in".
A buddy of mine paid over 750 for his 311 two yrs ago, with no extras (I know :dumb:). Now that he knows me he would do it differently, but the saw has never given him a problem at all and we've done a lot of cutting. I did give him an 18" B&C and he is enjoying that:). In that same amount of time I have used over 20 saws cutting while he used the 311. I'm making a buck and cutting wood with mine while he is just cutting wood. The good thing is he could easily sell his for 350 in our market, just not on AS lol. I've sold many 310's and the 311 is the newer version of it (you know this although the OP probably doesn't).
The 310 is a great saw that does well wearing an 18" B&C, and will pull a 24" if needed although not quite as proudly.
This is a little load of black locust that was dead standing(part of my vertical wood pile) that was blown down, I cut it up with one of the 310's I sold.View attachment 499728

$750 for a 311? How is that possible? MS391's are $569 here locally, and an MS362 is $769 pre tax.

$750 for a 311? How is that possible? MS391's are $569 here locally, and an MS362 is $769 pre tax.
I just looked the prices up where he bought it. Your right. I text him to find out whats up. He is the type to buy any extra insurance, warranty, or any other extras they would sell him. Not sure what he bought, maybe he said 650 I'll find out soon:).1461347002798.jpg1461347077578.jpg

Latest posts

Back