relocating wood stack

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenskeeper

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I currently have wood stacked on both sides of the my detached garage that get either morning sun or afternoon sun, effectively always 1 year ahead.

I am thinking of moving the morning sun stack to along the edge of my driveway where my neighbors detached garage is so I can expand the detached garage with a lean-to.

The stack will be in the shade all day long, so any concerns about properly seasoning within 2 years?

My wood sits under trees along the property edge and gets a little sun. I find the trees act as a canopy over the wood and not much water gets to it when the trees are in leaf. It isn’t a forest, more like a tree line. No problem over time. I am burning 4 year seasoned mix of woods that has only been top covered since December. Our climate is fairly damp south of Lake Erie most of the year and humidity tends to be high year around.

2nd on the air flow comment.
It's the core MC (Moisture Content) of the wood that counts for more of the score, than surface water.
N

talk with your neighbor first , some cities and villages have ordinances about putting wood piles on property lines, even if you don't have such an ordinance where you live you might talk with that neighbor to keep the peace.

talk with your neighbor first , some cities and villages have ordinances about putting wood piles on property lines, even if you don't have such an ordinance where you live you might talk with that neighbor to keep the peace.

I already stack rounds ready for splitting along the properly line about 2 feet from his garage...he won't care.

I already stack rounds ready for splitting along the properly line about 2 feet from his garage...he won't care.

then carry on , you might elevate more 2 pallets off the ground , air flow doesn't need to be a wind just the ability to get around the pile.

Back