Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So back to the check valve issue on the sl10a 😆 So it's been soaking in a bottle LA totally awesome cleaner for almost a week now, it seems to be working a lot better, no leaks using the rubber tip blow gun. 🤞 It was just gummed up debris on the seats where the ball bearing is supposed to be sealing. Thinking maybe tomorrow or this weekend I will test it out.

So the check valves for homelite are way smaller than anything Remington used. Also the saw is still getting bar oil into the cylinder. I have no clue as to how or where because it's a 1 line set up. All my other bigger Remington saws have 2 lines into the side cover. Does anyone know where the oil tank is being pressurized at on a sl10a? The check valve is the same for sl9 and sl10a doesn't matter if it's manual only or manual and automatic oiler. I was looking at the ipl and can't figure anything out. The valve does leak slightly or the ball bearing and spring in the valve when it's supposed to be closed. I'm pretty sure if I run the saw wot it won't smoke or leak but getting started doesn't work because it's dumping a fair amount of bar oil into the cylinder

Can anyone tell me if the air vent on the oil tank is serviceable/replaceable? It’s a Wards 5.0 (pl-55). It doesn’t seal & leaks a lot of oil. I tried cleaning it with no improvement. The ball is free & the spring feels soft but I’m not sure if that’s normal.
I have gone through the entire oiling system & everything else is good.
IMG_0368.jpeg

Can anyone tell me if the air vent on the oil tank is serviceable/replaceable? It’s a Wards 5.0 (pl-55). It doesn’t seal & leaks a lot of oil. I tried cleaning it with no improvement. The ball is free & the spring feels soft but I’m not sure if that’s normal.
I have gone through the entire oiling system & everything else is good.
View attachment 1169617
I have the same saw. Pm me I'm at work but I can look at mine and see. But I lost one of those bearings and I ended up junking the saw lol. I got about 20 Remington saws or more that are runners. @runningremingtons on YouTube

Back