Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this one for free a while ago. Good thing I tore it down, needed a new wrist pin, the old one was worn away at the bearing, strange. It also needed the auto oiler fixed with a new duckbill.
Runs and oils great now though! Seems to be a very stout little saw. has 3/8LP chain too!

View attachment 602215

View attachment 602216

got one just like it, month or so ago. freebie from nother member. did double take on yer pics, looks just like mine. haven't took pics yet. runs good.

Snagged in Kansas.
5f332da6cd6ffe132be0f7e3464b881c.jpg

e900727de309509f09ff73d901c55721.jpg

I got a question from you Remington gurus. Someone went to a junkyard I frequent and brought a John Deere chainsaw. It is a Remington variant. It has been run so little that it still has the warning paper on the air filter. They said it looked nos but they saw the wood chips on it from him using it. They told him to stop using it because he was reducing the value. He wanted $200 for it but they offered him $50 because they thought I’d want it. I told them I thought $50 was pretty good deal but it was probably only worth $75. What do you guys think it would be worth? Or what’s a fair offer.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a question from you Remington gurus. Someone went to a junkyard I frequent and brought a John Deere chainsaw. It is a Remington variant. It has been run so little that it still has the warning paper on the air filter. They said it looked nos but they saw the wood chips on it from him using it. They told him to stop using it because he was reducing the value. He wanted $200 for it but they offered him $50 because they thought I’d want it. I told them I thought $50 was pretty good deal but it was probably only worth $75. What do you guys think it would be worth? Or what’s a fair offer.
Thanks

What Model number is on it?

For a John Deere 15, 50cc, two Benjamins is on the high side. For a 23, 82cc, I'd be on in a heartbeat. But I have two, so not in the market.

17, 18 and 19 are very common actually.
5f061d215b27025585a56d7c1b594484.jpg

What Model number is on it?

For a John Deere 15, 50cc, two Benjamins is on the high side. For a 23, 82cc, I'd be on in a heartbeat. But I have two, so not in the market.

17, 18 and 19 are very common actually.
5f061d215b27025585a56d7c1b594484.jpg

Judging by the pictures they showed me, I’d say it was a 50cc

Back