Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did find a Tillotson application chart from 1983 and my PL-7A is supposed to have an HS-134A.

The PL-6 (94cc) has the HS-74A.

There is no reference for the SL-7A but I suspect the 74 and 134 may have been used as carb supply dictated.

I did see a Homelite bulletin at one time that indicated swapping Walbro and Tillotson carbs due to production shortages was OK.

I would guess that affected a number of manufacturers.

It's worth mentioning that the application charts are likely made from PO's to Walbro and Tillotson indicating the saw manufacturer's part number for a particular model.

I think many of the manufacturers swapped carbs to keep up with production numbers.

I'm guessing my HS-74A was a cleanup of PL-6 inventory on carbs.

I did find a Tillotson application chart from 1983 and my PL-7A is supposed to have an HS-134A.

The PL-6 (94cc) has the HS-74A.

There is no reference for the SL-7A but I suspect the 74 and 134 may have been used as carb supply dictated.

I did see a Homelite bulletin at one time that indicated swapping Walbro and Tillotson carbs due to production shortages was OK.

I would guess that affected a number of manufacturers.

It's worth mentioning that the application charts are likely made from PO's to Walbro and Tillotson indicating the saw manufacturer's part number for a particular model.

I think many of the manufacturers swapped carbs to keep up with production numbers.

I'm guessing my HS-74A was a cleanup of PL-6 inventory on carbs.

Thanks for the information, its funny but the venturi of the 134 looks smaller than the carburetor off a husky 266? I know its definitely smaller than the carburetor on my pro mac 700.

Can I get an possible ID of the model saw?
I've narrowed it down to two possible saws depending on the style and cc's but hopefully a Remington guy (Carl) can confirm.
I was thinking either the Logger or SL-11 but I'm only going by the Acres site not knowledge.
9215593608ba133d40f04233a9727b0d.jpg
14dce3759e592741c5c8e19427760247.jpg

Homelite collector in training [emoji879]

I’d call that a SL-11 based on the fuel cap, rewind starter and muffler. [emoji848]

Those had a stick on builder’s tag on the bottom of the oil tank. Soon lost due to bar oil spillage. [emoji849]

For positive ID, use a popsicle stick in the cylinder. (Remove muffler)

Latest posts

Back