Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somewhere during production of the PL/SL saws, Remingtons changed from a rubber duck bill to a steel ball check.
084066d5461fde08ed9a6b2c276ba282.jpg

That shiny spot center.

[emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

No mod required.[emoji16]

But still ‘burp’ the tank when done running. [emoji106]
Is the ball recessed in a machined hole?

Hi gang,I finally got my Super 754 today (1 of 2),along with his little brother SL9.The 754 is in great shape,I don't think it ever cut much wood at all,it has super compression.I can't tell if it's got any spark because I can't figure out how I'm supposed to get the plug out.Was there a special plug wrench that came with the saw when you bought it?The other thing I'd like to know is if the saw required bar plates,or was it optional?
The seller could've probably saved me $5 on shipping if he'd cleaned all the dirt & dust off the saws.Lol The 754 cleaned up real nice with just an old rag.The SL9 was another story.The recoil wouldn't retract the rope,so I took the recoil off & I don't think it was ever cleaned out since the day it was new.There must've been at least 1/2 in.of old oil & sawdust in it.I cleaned it out & then sprayed some carb cleaner on the spring & it's working great now.I gave a shot of fuel in the carb & the little guy fired up.I'll get some pics on here possibly tomorrow.
Ed

Hi gang,I finally got my Super 754 today (1 of 2),along with his little brother SL9.The 754 is in great shape,I don't think it ever cut much wood at all,it has super compression.I can't tell if it's got any spark because I can't figure out how I'm supposed to get the plug out.Was there a special plug wrench that came with the saw when you bought it?The other thing I'd like to know is if the saw required bar plates,or was it optional?
The seller could've probably saved me $5 on shipping if he'd cleaned all the dirt & dust off the saws.Lol The 754 cleaned up real nice with just an old rag.The SL9 was another story.The recoil wouldn't retract the rope,so I took the recoil off & I don't think it was ever cleaned out since the day it was new.There must've been at least 1/2 in.of old oil & sawdust in it.I cleaned it out & then sprayed some carb cleaner on the spring & it's working great now.I gave a shot of fuel in the carb & the little guy fired up.I'll get some pics on here possibly tomorrow.
Ed

Ive butchered a socket to get mine out, but a cheap scrench might have worked out better. Ive really enjoyed my 754 Ed ,a big husky mount bar with alittle work fits nicely. 20191007_160312.jpg
It is very loud!

About the spark plug and how to remove it,
I asked Carl the same question and he posted a picture in this string of the flat wrench that fits between the top of the cylinder and the body of the saw. Something very similar to this.
52027352165e8c386cc1f33531d50496.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

About the spark plug and how to remove it,
I asked Carl the same question and he posted a picture in this string of the flat wrench that fits between the top of the cylinder and the body of the saw. Something very similar to this.
52027352165e8c386cc1f33531d50496.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

An 1/8” thick 13/16” open end similar to the above works fine PROVIDED! you use a Champion J6J spark plug.

The hex on the plug ends up in the right place.

Any other plug, all bets are off.

Ed

Changes were made to the Military version to address that by relocating plug, more field friendly
48bad5a6747fe714580cae476cd51d4a.jpg

9b1857c5df1391c79edc191fa90f2cef.jpg

Standard socket set or wrench work
5bf285e46c204a1da543259bf3042b93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Changes were made to the Military version to address that by relocating plug, more field friendly
48bad5a6747fe714580cae476cd51d4a.jpg

9b1857c5df1391c79edc191fa90f2cef.jpg

Standard socket set or wrench work
5bf285e46c204a1da543259bf3042b93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The military saw originally had the enclosed plug & plug wire like you would find on an aircraft engine. Shield out radio frequency that would interfere with communication equipment.

The ANPRC 25 (prick 25) radio was a weak sister at best.

Back