Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picture%20137.jpg
saws%20for%20sale%20166.jpg
saws%20for%20sale%20167.jpg

That's the same chain on the 2MG I'm doing. Haven't checked the pitch - what is that one?

I really apologize that I have not had the time to devote to this thread. I'm super swamped at work trying to get spring seeding started here in the soggy north.
I will try over the next week or two to post more stuff and try and compete with the awesome posts that have come to light in this thread already. Truly some great stuff!!
I leave you with a short vid of my SL-5 Logmaster. It's sporting a near new Remington 30" bar and a loop of Stihl .404RSC chain.

[video=youtube;pvAdJSzAi98]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvAdJSzAi98[/video]

Buzz,
The side planer chain pictured is 9/16" pitch .060 gauge. Mike Acres site says it began production in 1951. It also lists the some detailed specs on it including file size and such. Congratulations on finding a loop of this stuff it is pretty rare.
Brian and Tina

I really apologize that I have not had the time to devote to this thread. I'm super swamped at work trying to get spring seeding started here in the soggy north.
I will try over the next week or two to post more stuff and try and compete with the awesome posts that have come to light in this thread already. Truly some great stuff!!
I leave you with a short vid of my SL-5 Logmaster. It's sporting a near new Remington 30" bar and a loop of Stihl .404RSC chain.

[video=youtube;pvAdJSzAi98]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvAdJSzAi98[/video]
Nice Logmaster video. Thanks. Nice saw too!
Sounds like all that chain on that 30" bar might have slowed it a little. No apologies necessary....it's soggy and seeding time everywhere.

WOW! Mr. Bowsaw; those are some nice spec slicks! Didn't see a Super 754 in there...Ya got one? I'm just bettin' you're making some Remington collector converts:msp_thumbup:

Nice Logmaster video. Thanks. Nice saw too!
Sounds like all that chain on that 30" bar might have slowed it a little. No apologies necessary....it's soggy and seeding time everywhere.

The RSC chain sure humbled the 80+cc on that saw. It threw some impressive chips, but wouldn't do it all day long. I would love to get some opinions on the topic tho, as Acres lists 36" as the longest bar supplied with that model. I'd be the first to admit that the ol' SL could use a lil tweeking to perform better, but that is as I got it.

Love the ol' time Remington info sheets. That's an impressive collection and I for one, am happy you shared the knowledge

:msp_thumbsup::msp_thumbsup:

Wow Cliff,
We'll post a couple of pics tomorrow of a peach colored GL-7 and a couple of 754's in different colors, but i think they pale in comparison to the literature as well as the pics of the blue and red 75 gear drive. That is a VERY good looking saw. Wish we could find one of those, how long of a bar were they capable of running, if you know.
Brian and Tina

Cliff,
BTW, Thanks for the posting the literature, too. i appreciate the education of the good read, it was awesome!
Brian and Tina

Back