Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the ol' time Remington info sheets. That's an impressive collection and I for one, am happy you shared the knowledge

:msp_thumbsup::msp_thumbsup:

Thanks,:)

Wow Cliff,
We'll post a couple of pics tomorrow of a peach colored GL-7 and a couple of 754's in different colors, but i think they pale in comparison to the literature as well as the pics of the blue and red 75 gear drive. That is a VERY good looking saw. Wish we could find one of those, how long of a bar were they capable of running, if you know.
Brian and Tina

The Super 75G Will run a 41 inch bar.
That saw was worn out white when I got it.
I got it running and painted it five years ago.

This is the only pic I have when I first got it.
attachment.php

Finally shot a vid of the GP in action. I had trouble starting it for some time now and found the coil was shorting. After searching I found an old post how Lewis Brander repaired a similar coil by filling the cracks in the outer shell with dielectric grease and then taping the whole thing up. Worked like a charm.

Still need to do some fine tuning but I'm happy again.

YouTube - DSCN2929

Finally shot a vid of the GP in action. I had trouble starting it for some time now and found the coil was shorting. After searching I found an old post how Lewis Brander repaired a similar coil by filling the cracks in the outer shell with dielectric grease and then taping the whole thing up. Worked like a charm.

Still need to do some fine tuning but I'm happy again.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zuSssTD8Yes" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

YouTube - DSCN2929

Nice saw and video. :msp_smile:

It doesn't seem to have been run much, I believe it has the original chain, maybe sharpened once. It might make noise at the PNW GTG, depends on what else needs to go.

Thanks for that....VERY NICE! :clap:It was getting awfully quite in here; this ought to get things going again. It that a 7/16 pitch chain?

I pulled a Mall OMG chainsaw out of a barn and am wondering what these saws are worth so I know what to pay for it. Paint is about 50% and looks like everything is there, real dirty about 40 years of dust.

Back