Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remingtom saws

I have owned a Remington Super 754 since the early seventies. The one I have now is the second. It is a runner. The first one quite on me and I threw it away. I wish I hade it back.
I also have a Super 660 that is a runner, but the crank bearing is shot. Someday I will repair it if I live long enough.
Also I have a Remington rancher. I rebuilt the carb. and it does everthing like it should except bar oil is getting in the cylinder and it smokes like a mosquito truck.
I replaced the internal value and it did not help. A project for later. Tom
I

Some History on Remington/Mall.
1956 To complement its own powder-activated tool business, Remington acquired the Mall Tool Company for $9.8 million. This company operated plants in Chicago and Park Forest, Illinois and in Toronto, Ontario. Mall products included complete lines of portable electric, gasoline, and pneumatic-powered tools and flexible shaft equipment. Mall Tool Company was dissolved in 1958, and its activities integrated with Remington, which included the powder-activated tool business which had been previously developed in Bridgeport. The Canadian subsidiary name was changed to Remington Arms of Canada, Ltd. and its product line expanded to include firearms and other Remington products.
1964 Remington Arms International GmbH, formed in 1961 to distribute chain saws and accessories in Europe, was dissolved due to the development of more effective independent distributors in Europe.
1969 Remington completed the sale of its power tool business to DESA Industries, Inc. Two plants were included in the transaction.
I vote we award Mr. Bow Saw a Remington/Mall Doctorate Degree!
All in favor, weigh in. Thanks again Mr. Bow Saw. You know, 9.8 million was a mountain of cash in 1956. Remington obviously had the financial horsepower to develop some serious hardware.

I have owned a Remington Super 754 since the early seventies. The one I have now is the second. It is a runner. The first one quite on me and I threw it away. I wish I hade it back.
I also have a Super 660 that is a runner, but the crank bearing is shot. Someday I will repair it if I live long enough.
Also I have a Remington rancher. I rebuilt the carb. and it does everthing like it should except bar oil is getting in the cylinder and it smokes like a mosquito truck.
I replaced the internal value and it did not help. A project for later. Tom
I

I know where your're coming from...my first experience with a chainsaw, was 42 years ago. It was my dad's Super 754, which he ordered from Alden's catalog company. I just recently got that same saw up and running, without any rebuild. It still runs great. I demolished a big black oak with it this weekend. Trees hate to hear it coming.LOL. Thanks for the post.

I vote we award Mr. Bow Saw a Remington/Mall Doctorate Degree!
All in favor, weigh in. Thanks again Mr. Bow Saw. You know, 9.8 million was a mountain of cash in 1956. Remington obviously had the financial horsepower to develop some serious hardware.

I second the motion - but can't rep yet.

Well, maybe the $299.00 buy it now price steered you away. Took a while, but got a good best offer price. I'll post some pics when it arrives.
That's a bigger list than I thought, but I just bet there are some closet Remington collectors out there who have ignored the post. They could change their screen name and come incognito I suppose(if they feel like they're cheatin' on their Stihls or Huskies). Heck, I'm darn proud to be among such brilliant people! Kinda hoping Crane can get caught up and join back in. Am I sounding a little too enthusiastic?:msp_w00t:

That is a plumb stupid BIN price. I hope you gave a lot less.

That is a plumb stupid BIN price. I hope you gave a lot less.

Yep...A WHOLE LOT LESS!!!! Guess some folks think chainsaw collectors were born yesterday. Wish I could find another one. Took a look at the 75A on ebay. Has possibilities if you have a parts saw to work with. Personally, I don't. Saw an early model tan and brown bantam....it brought big money for a no bar parts saw.:msp_scared: Maybe the well is running dry? Just have to keep an eye and ear out. Love your Mall collection, by the way.

Mall 7 clearing saw. This is not mine.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ya think maybe Dr. Mower, or weedeater was influenced by this jumbo edger? Mall had something for just about everything the loggers needed, huh.

Two man mall video

With all this fine Mall hardware out there, what's the possibility of posting a video of one of these big saws in action? Anybody game for this?:chainsaw::chainsaw:

With all this fine Mall hardware out there, what's the possibility of posting a video of one of these big saws in action? Anybody game for this?:chainsaw::chainsaw:

here ya go

this was the first vid I put on youtube.

Natalie and Bill with here widowmaker mall 7. (thats what she named it) :D

Natalie, V8sawgal, is my Mall mechanic. :)

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y2AkEcAb82Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

direct link. YouTube - NATALIES WIDOWMAKER 1947 MALL 7 CHAINSAW

Last edited:
Cliff,
Do you know if they have had that Mall clearing saw in wood?, would love to see that.
Ric,
Thanks for the video, is the chain scratcher or something else?
Thanks guys for sharing those with the us!!!

Brian and Tina

Oh yeah!! I liked that....wood chips the size of quarters:msp_thumbup: The score------Mall 1...tree 0.:msp_wink:

I can see it's in a clearing, what was it used for? :msp_tongue::hmm3grin2orange:

LoL,
You know, Clearing small trees ,underbrush, large weeds.
The blade will turn and lay flat on the ground.

Cliff,
Do you know if they have had that Mall clearing saw in wood?, would love to see that.

Brian and Tina

I don't know if they guy ever ran it. I think he saw scared of it.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vX3hG2GeQGM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Latest posts

Back