Remington PL 5 Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lollydude

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I came by a Remington/Dupont chainsaw in the junkward and took it home and gave some TLC and rebuilt the carb. and reconnected a wire and it started right up and ran well. Can anyone tell me: What is the Hp, When was it made, where can I get a airfilter and other parts if needed later, is this really a mall, was this as good a find as I think it was. Is there a chance of finding a manuel. Any info. would be useful. I have a old small homelite and a newer big husky. So far I really like this old saw but I have a weak spot for good running older things.

can't find anything on a pl-5. sl-55a = 81.9 cc, 52.3mm bore, 38.1mm stroke, tillotson carb, chrome plated cyl.

Remington PL-5

I have a Remingtion PL-4 and all the documention (these as you may know were manufactured by the Remington Arms Co., Park Forest IL). The book covers the PL-5 as well. It has a 1.91" bore, 1.38" stroke (that would make it a 3.96 cuin/ 64.8cc). email me and I will send you a photo copy of the book. These came originally with a really unique roller nose bar- did you get the bar with it??

email: [email protected]

PL-5

Got your email and I will copy the stuff I have...

I can't find the receipt for the saw (I thought that I had that) - this was one of my [late] fathers saws but I'm pretty sure he bought the saw in the early '60's...

Some parts are still available like air filters and such and they use the same bar mount as Homelite saws of the same vintage- so those we have...

Just a little off the subject but I ran across a new sprocket for a Remington GL-7, SL-5... .404 8 teeth... OREGON P/N 45927
Really a different one ---It screws on

Latest posts

Back