Remington Super 770-G Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello Everyone;

I have two Remington Super 770-G Chainsaws that I am restoring; one is Military and the other, Commercial.
I am looking for parts saws to complete my restorations, does anyone have any? I am also looking for Remington Super 880-G's as well as all brands of Two Man Chainsaws.

Thank You For Reading My Post

military saw

Dont know anything about them but what makes the miltary one different from civilian models? I've seen a 770 on ebay once looked like a neat saw.

Remington Super 770-G Differences

Hello Pioneer;

The difference between the military and commercial 770-G's is mainly cosmetic.There are some design differences as well, but this may be due to being produced at different times
The commercial 770-G is painted red and white and has a rubberized rear handle, with a wraparound front handle. The front handle has three rubber grips on it as well. There is a toggle lever on each side of the rear handle for the chain oiler. The decals on the saw are a gold/tan color with black and white lettering.The air filter cover is louvered as well.
The military saw has a solid rear handle with a push lever oiler above the trigger. This saw does not have the wraparound handle on the front, nor the rubber grips. There are no decals on the saw except for the one with the carburetor control markings on it. The saw has no ID tag or Remington serial number. There is a military serial number attached to the gear housing, in front of the front handle mounting. This saw has a smooth air filter cover and the saw is painted military green in color.
Fellow collectors have told me this saw is rare. I don't know if it's rare, but it makes a stark contrast to the colorful commercial version. In my opinion, both 770-G's are handsome saws.

Besst Regards; David

Remington Saw

David
I have some NOS Parts for Remington Saws what in particular do you need and do you have part numbers...Jerry

770-G Parts

Hello;

Thank you for responding. The parts I need for my 770-G are; Bottom handle support 63253,Handle 63250, and Cover 62297.

Thanks

The 770G was built for the military and was packed in a wooden box with spares, fuel can etc. It was meant to be kicked out of a helicopter in Vietnam and used to cut down enough trees to make a landing site then tossed in the bush. They were packed in the box is such a way they would withstand the fall and were set up with bar and chain mounted, basically ready to use.
Quite a few were manufactutred but most did not get back from Vietnam.

Back