Remote control winch for chippers.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirpouralot

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am shocked to find out how much Bandit is charging me for a hand held remote control for our winch. Has anyone else ever lost there remote control? $700 is highway robbery. I would just replace the winch on our unit with one that is less money, but this remote also raises the feed wheels. We would have to re engineer the whole thing in order to bypass it. We have the Bandit 1990 model chipper. We otherwise love our new Bandit chipper, but $700 if you lose the hand held remote. :(

Has anyone else ever lost there remote control, and how much did it cost you to replace it?

Tierson Boutte out of Atlanta here has invented a remote control grapple for a crane. His unit sells for 10 grand.
It's a massive jaw that takes place of your slings or clable when craning out trees. Eliminating need for climber to go out dead limbs etc. Remote controlled yellow box, you may could replace all remotes and rig your own for 700.

I wouldnt know about the wench as I chainsaw all my brush down.:)

Heres dudes website.
www.bouttetree.com

I guess climber climbs with remote in his pocket.
Crane operator sets the jaw according to climber nod and climber make the cut.
His crane jaw unit sells for 10 grand.

Yes I already looked at his website, but no mention of the crane device that you are talking about. That would be one nifty gadget. I would like to see a picture of that thing. It makes me think of maybe designing my own.

At TCI a few years ago I saw a fellow from Ireland showing a video of a crane with hydraulic lines running out to an articulating claw at the tip. At the base of the claw was a saw powered by the hydraulics. It grabs a branch, cuts it off, and sets is down. It was awesome! I haven't heard anything about it since then.

Well I don't quite want to go that far with it, as I am afraid of being completely replaced by a machine. :monkey:

Sirpouralot said:
I am shocked to find out how much Bandit is charging me for a hand held remote control for our winch. Has anyone else ever lost there remote control? $700 is highway robbery. I would just replace the winch on our unit with one that is less money, but this remote also raises the feed wheels. We would have to re engineer the whole thing in order to bypass it. We have the Bandit 1990 model chipper. We otherwise love our new Bandit chipper, but $700 if you lose the hand held remote. :(

Has anyone else ever lost there remote control, and how much did it cost you to replace it?

1 don't lose it

2 pay a man to , do what the remote can do, for a week..

3 buy the remote,, it's cheaper..

Back