Remote pickup shipping?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mn4Stihl

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone has found a good way to remotely pick up a packaged saw? I found a nice saw on CL that I would like to purchase. Seller is reluctant to ship the saw and would prefer a local sale. Is there a way for me to pay for the shipping via ups or usps so all the seller would need to do is slap a label on the package and have it picked up?

I know there is usps and ups pick up but that seems to only work if it's coming from my house?

Thanks!

Well, Craigslist has strict warnings about only dealing locally, not shipping, not accepting any forms of payment except cash. You may have a tough row to hoe to convince the seller that you're not a scammer.

I primarily use Fedex Home Delivery, and I have sent people shipping labels as PDF files to have things shipped to me. Wasn't on a Craigslist item, though. I will only ever go and pick something like that up in person, and pay cash.

I see. Yeah it wasn't on CL. Did you just estimate the size and weight ? How much was it?

Well, Craigslist has strict warnings about only dealing locally, not shipping, not accepting any forms of payment except cash. You may have a tough row to hoe to convince the seller that you're not a scammer.

I primarily use Fedex Home Delivery, and I have sent people shipping labels as PDF files to have things shipped to me. Wasn't on a Craigslist item, though. I will only ever go and pick something like that up in person, and pay cash.

Measuring the package is easy enough. Estimate the weight if they can't put it on the bathroom scales.

If you're using a Fedex account they will adjust the shipping based on the actual weight of the package. Anyone can get an account.

Back