ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Removing dead tree cost?

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have many trees that are dead or dying what’s the average removal cost of a tree?
I probably have 8 trees to drop.

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
I can’t drop them there either leaning the wrong direction or too close to wires. I think there’s two or three days work.

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
A good guess would be a minimum of $1,000 per tree, but with 8 trees on site, it might be as low as $5,000. It all depends on the size of the tree, how many obstacles, whether they can get their bucket truck in there, how far they have to drag stuff out, etc. Get a few quotes.

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
All the trees are close to electric wires or leaning towards the house too.
Since there close to wires maybe the electric company can cut acfew.

mike515

mike515

ArboristSite Operative
None of us can really tell you what it will cost without seeing them. The post about $250-$400/hour was pretty accurate but then.....how long will it take? Some trees look easy but take a lot of work. Some look hard but are pretty easy for someone who knows what they are doing. Some trees look hard.....and they are.

lone wolf

lone wolf

MS 200T King
None of us can really tell you what it will cost without seeing them. The post about $250-$400/hour was pretty accurate but then.....how long will it take? Some trees look easy but take a lot of work. Some look hard but are pretty easy for someone who knows what they are doing. Some trees look hard.....and they are.
Pay them to get on ground only .

TheJollyLogger

TheJollyLogger

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'll do it fer a hundred bucks and a case of beer... but you have to put up with my idjut brother in law... he's got a truck... *belch*...

In all seriousness, read your post and ask yourself how you are supposed to get any real answers with such little information and no pictures... I've removed trees for $50, and I've removed trees for $5,000

billyboy

ArboristSite Operative
I had a multi trunk pine , 70 years old, one trunk fell away from the power lines. Then another fell another direction. Told the power company I was concerned it would take the power out. It was between the transformer pole and the pole with the shut off and fuse boxes/meter. They came out, dropped the line and shaved it up to mostly the main trunk and I cut and pulled the rest over. They might help you out with it if you ask nice or maybe contribute to the bar by beer fund.

ElevatorGuy

ElevatorGuy

What are you doing with the wood?
Figure 700-1500 per tree lol. Impossible to say but that's what I've paid/been quoted. Full day with a bucket truck on site was 3k, whatever they could do in that time they'd do. Seemed a little steep to me, but I ain't a pro
Around here one company advertises for $2500 you get a crew of 3 with either a bucket truck or climber depending on the job requirements. I think that’s high. They have signs everywhere! My buddy that does it professionally part time has no ads or signs and is booked for at least 6 months, if not a year out all the time.