Removing dead tree cost?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have many trees that are dead or dying what’s the average removal cost of a tree?
I probably have 8 trees to drop.

I can’t drop them there either leaning the wrong direction or too close to wires. I think there’s two or three days work.

A good guess would be a minimum of $1,000 per tree, but with 8 trees on site, it might be as low as $5,000. It all depends on the size of the tree, how many obstacles, whether they can get their bucket truck in there, how far they have to drag stuff out, etc. Get a few quotes.

All the trees are close to electric wires or leaning towards the house too.
Since there close to wires maybe the electric company can cut acfew.

None of us can really tell you what it will cost without seeing them. The post about $250-$400/hour was pretty accurate but then.....how long will it take? Some trees look easy but take a lot of work. Some look hard but are pretty easy for someone who knows what they are doing. Some trees look hard.....and they are.

None of us can really tell you what it will cost without seeing them. The post about $250-$400/hour was pretty accurate but then.....how long will it take? Some trees look easy but take a lot of work. Some look hard but are pretty easy for someone who knows what they are doing. Some trees look hard.....and they are.
Pay them to get on ground only .

I'll do it fer a hundred bucks and a case of beer... but you have to put up with my idjut brother in law... he's got a truck... *belch*...

In all seriousness, read your post and ask yourself how you are supposed to get any real answers with such little information and no pictures... I've removed trees for $50, and I've removed trees for $5,000

I had a multi trunk pine , 70 years old, one trunk fell away from the power lines. Then another fell another direction. Told the power company I was concerned it would take the power out. It was between the transformer pole and the pole with the shut off and fuse boxes/meter. They came out, dropped the line and shaved it up to mostly the main trunk and I cut and pulled the rest over. They might help you out with it if you ask nice or maybe contribute to the bar by beer fund.

Figure 700-1500 per tree lol. Impossible to say but that's what I've paid/been quoted. Full day with a bucket truck on site was 3k, whatever they could do in that time they'd do. Seemed a little steep to me, but I ain't a pro

Figure 700-1500 per tree lol. Impossible to say but that's what I've paid/been quoted. Full day with a bucket truck on site was 3k, whatever they could do in that time they'd do. Seemed a little steep to me, but I ain't a pro
Around here one company advertises for $2500 you get a crew of 3 with either a bucket truck or climber depending on the job requirements. I think that’s high. They have signs everywhere! My buddy that does it professionally part time has no ads or signs and is booked for at least 6 months, if not a year out all the time.

Around here one company advertises for $2500 you get a crew of 3 with either a bucket truck or climber depending on the job requirements. I think that’s high. They have signs everywhere! My buddy that does it professionally part time has no ads or signs and is booked for at least 6 months, if not a year out all the time.
Well it is a bit high yes .

My brother In laws mother had 8 oaks taken down about 2 months ago. They had to crane one of them that was over hanging the house, and kept the crane to drop the rest. They were supposed to take the tops and leave the rest. (They didn't I got 3 little trunks out of the deal.... story for another time) she paid $8k upfront and ended up owing them another $800 and change after the job was done. All standing dead, largest tree was + or- 28" all the rest were in the 18- 20" (ish) at the base. She actually felt it was a good price, and was happy with the job, outside of them hauling all the trunks off.

I hate paying to have anything done that I can do myself but even I know when to call in a pro. I have dropped lots of trees in the past, but the red oak in my front yard was way too much to do myself and was only about 10' from corner of my house. Had 3 bids. Guy that got the job brought in a bucket truck and a chipper. One man show but gave me discount because I could help him. He was $2100 to put this one on the ground and me takeover from there. Including helping him chip all brush with his chipper. He has been in business since early 90s and said this one was in the top 12 for size of yard trees he had ever done. The butt pic shows the 660 with 42" bar he used to finish it. Obviously he had to cut from both sides even with a 42". Once on the ground he cut off 7 or 8 (can't remember which) 16-18" rounds for me. At that point I could finally get through it with my 365 and 24" bar and that just barely made it from both sides. That means this tree was almost 4' across about 11' in the air. I did take some of the bigger limbs and had them milled into boards and still ended up with a little bit of firewood. Lol20200716_161051~2.jpg20200716_161515.jpg20200716_155931.jpg20200716_155105.jpg20200716_153901.jpg

All the trees are close to electric wires or leaning towards the house too.
Since there close to wires maybe the electric company can cut acfew.
I was going to say if they are a threat to electric lines, here in Ky the power company will send a crew to cut them back or if the tree(s) are dead and you ask them to they will top it and drop it for you.
Now they will not do the complete job and clean up the entire tree unless it starting growing directly under the lines, but they will remove and clean up any part of the tree that is threatening the lines.

Yup the town took down my two large ash trees. The ash bore got to them. I got all the wood.
I have more to come down yet.

Latest posts

Back