Repainting Husqvarna XP silver clutch cover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajs2654

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My Husqvarna 550xp silver clutch cover is showing some wear. I want to refinish it but I am having trying to locate some paint that isn't $24 a can for something that is so small. Has anyone found another silver color that is very similar to the expensive stuff? I've read on here people finding a match for the Husqvarna Orange at TSC,but I didn't know about the silver. Also should I consider putting a clear coat on it to prolong the life?

Thanks

My Husqvarna 550xp silver clutch cover is showing some wear. I want to refinish it but I am having trying to locate some paint that isn't $24 a can for something that is so small. Has anyone found another silver color that is very similar to the expensive stuff? I've read on here people finding a match for the Husqvarna Orange at TSC,but I didn't know about the silver. Also should I consider putting a clear coat on it to prolong the life?

Thanks
I have a 545 clutch cover/chain brake. PM me if you're interested. image.jpg

It seems like there should be some epoxy paint. Search.
I got a cover that was scratched up, UGLY, so I took all the paint off and used fine sandpaper on it. NICE!

There was a guy here last year or so that repainted the silver cover a really nice blue. Put a Husky sticker on there and it looked pretty sharp!

That actually looked a lot like bad taste to me - but each to his own! :D

Does it really matter how they look? :surprised3: If so, the orange version is the easiest solution!

That actually looked a lot like bad taste to me - but each to his own! :D

Does it really matter how they look? :surprised3: If so, the orange version is the easiest solution!

I'm all about keeping the looks stock. If worst comes to worse, I'll just paint it the Husqvarna Orange. The scratches are bugging the heck out of me, I'm all about keeping things mint. But it's a chainsaw, not a Mustang.

I'm all about keeping the looks stock. If worst comes to worse, I'll just paint it the Husqvarna Orange. The scratches are bugging the heck out of me, I'm all about keeping things mint. But it's a chainsaw, not a Mustang.

Normal wear on the finish of a chain saw doesn't bother me at all - but it does when they show signs of being banged up by floating around in a pick-up bed, or similar abuse. ;)

Paint it and you'll really have scratches! I'm with cgraham1, get it powder coated to keep the stock looks.
How much does the powder coating usually run just for a clutch cover? And is it better than what Husqvarna used previously?

Husky using that scratch prone "silver" paint really is a riddle, as their normal orange paint seem to be the most wear resistant paint used on chainsaws - at least it doesnt "flake" off like some others (Stihl paint is notorious for that)....

NE 346XP with an early version 353/346 cover.

0106151732-L.jpg

Latest posts

Back