Replace crank seals before new cylinder?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volvo2før

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm doing a cylinder job on a husky 345 and swapping out the clamshell cylinder with a 346xp cylinder. The 340 cylinder has '' grooves'' where it clamps over the crankseals, which has left marks in the seals. The 350 spacer I need to use between crank and 346 cylinder doesn't have this grooves so I'm worried if it will seal up and run correctly. What do you think?

Attachments

• Snapchat-1206007968.jpg
    Snapchat-1206007968.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 20
With the top end of the crank case I clean it first then on a flat plat using sandpaper make sure both surfaces that seal are perfectly flat. So far everyone I pull apart is warped between the securing holes. I would change the seals, I put a skin coat of Yamaha bond on the outer side of the bearing seals anyway. The two crankcase halves gets a coat of Yamaha bond too.

If anyone has a better way of doing it please chime in.

With the top end of the crank case I clean it first then on a flat plat using sandpaper make sure both surfaces that seal are perfectly flat. So far everyone I pull apart is warped between the securing holes. I would change the seals, I put a skin coat of Yamaha bond on the outer side of the bearing seals anyway. The two crankcase halves gets a coat of Yamaha bond too.

If anyone has a better way of doing it please chime in.
I cover any potential air leak path so yeah, sounds about right.

Back