Replacing my beloved Quadrafire with a new Blaze King Princess insert

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a great stove for the Pacific Northwest weather although I don't believe Blaze Kings claim of 40 hr burn time. At least not 40 hrs of good heat. Most every experience I have read disputes that burn time. So you sit back and say.. hey.. this company is stretching the truth. What else are they stretching?

I think I would miss the nice blaze every night.

Last edited:
I don't believe Blaze Kings claim of 40 hr burn time. At least not 40 hrs of good heat. Most every experience I have read disputes that burn time. So you sit back and say.. hey.. this company is stretching the truth. What else are they stretching?

You haven't read this thread then or the many just like it all over from real owners. To put it another way, I have never spoken with a single BK owner that did not get the advertised burn time when set to low. That's 40 hours for the King and 30 hours for the princess. All good heat. What is "good heat" anyways? You must understand that this stove is the only stove that can burn 30 hours (princess) at low output or 10-12 hours at high output. Choose your desired output, set it, and enjoy the "good heat". The BK line dominates in AK. I am pretty sure that they appreciate "good heat" there too.

If only you actually had any experience with this stove you would believe.

Last edited:
I've had the blazeking princess insert heating our home for a number of years now and its done as advertised and operated very well. Like the dealer and blazeking owner himself I bought it from said "it takes the BS out of burning wood" My winters are no longer slave to the stove schedule. It gives out great heat output right down the last few chunks of charcoal which is about the same time the cat goes inactive and ready to reload. For our 1600 sq ft with drafty windows home I know I can count on it for average 24hr burn with red oak keeping it a least 72~76 indoors when its in the teens or warmer out.

I would definitely go for the King in my case. Hopefully they will come up with a model that's the same stove size and burn but with a more palatable look.

Well, time for an update... this season would be the third with our new bk insert, I can say that the stove met all our expectations and more. I have leaned that the insert has the smalest firebox out of all the princes, around 2.5cf vs 2.9cf I believe. Even so we get nice solid 12 hour burns of solid heat on 1/3 open setting. It is interesting to note that it works even better when it is cold outside

Enjoy the fires this winter everyone!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Well, time for an update... this season would be the third with our new bk insert, I can say that the stove met all our expectations and more. I have leaned that the insert has the smalest firebox out of all the princes, around 2.5cf vs 2.9cf I believe. Even so we get nice solid 12 hour burns of solid heat on 1/3 open setting. It is interesting to note that it works even better when it is cold outside

Enjoy the fires this winter everyone!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Hello, I just signed on here... I am thinking of installing a Blaze King Princess Insert... I live in Portland, OR, so we have quite mild winters (although this year was somewhat of an exception... cold with snow for a few weeks...

I would like to know how the Princess Insert does in mild temps, and also, how it does without the blower running...I would like to go as passive as possible...

Thanks for your help...

John

Hello, I just signed on here... I am thinking of installing a Blaze King Princess Insert... I live in Portland, OR, so we have quite mild winters (although this year was somewhat of an exception... cold with snow for a few weeks...

I would like to know how the Princess Insert does in mild temps, and also, how it does without the blower running...I would like to go as passive as possible...

Thanks for your help...

John

Nice old thread. For mild weather it is even more important to have the minimum specified chimney length of 15'. Bends in the flue add to the minimum. I burn my princess almost daily until sometime in June and the stove has no troubles burning when it is 60 degrees outside and 65 inside. The ability to run at really low output which is all you need this time of year.

Back