Repower Bandit 90w

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mechanix365

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone ever done an engine swap in a bandit 90? My lombardini grabbed 2 pistons and the parts cost is stupid to repair it. Looking at a perkins 4.107. Thoughts or tips? Also, the clutch isnt doing so hot, the retainer nut fell off the shaft when we took it off. Anyone have a manual for a technodrive bd118/24? Thanks in advance for any help or input!

I don't recommend replacing it with a different brand of engine. You would have to reconfigure the motor mounts and possibly many other things. I've had very good luck with Lombardini engines. It could cost a lot of money to put a different brand of engine on it. Lombardini is now owned by Kohler engines.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

I don't recommend replacing it with a different brand of engine. You would have to reconfigure the motor mounts and possibly many other things. I've had very good luck with Lombardini engines. It could cost a lot of money to put a different brand of engine on it. Lombardini is now owned by Kohler engines.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400
The lombardini is 10k plus to rebuild 2 grabbed pistons and according to my supplier the oversize pistons I'd need are no longer available. Luckily I'm a master certified heavy equipment tech and a welder. Arborist is my 3rd career. Lol. Gotta love divorce. Looking at a Kubota now as the perkins deal fell through.

Attachments

• 20210203_123357.jpg
    20210203_123357.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
The lombardini is 10k plus to rebuild 2 grabbed pistons and according to my supplier the oversize pistons I'd need are no longer available. Luckily I'm a master certified heavy equipment tech and a welder. Arborist is my 3rd career. Lol. Gotta love divorce. Looking at a Kubota now as the perkins deal fell through.
The machine work on the block isnt even guaranteed to get the holes useable either as you can hook a dime in 1 of the grooves and fingernails in the others... :( parts are stupid priced that we can get for instance 150 plus tax and shipping for a thermostat... barf.

Back