Respectfully Requesting Assembly Help on Echo 330t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotajax

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Good evening. I took carb out ( Walbro 739 ) out of this chainsaw. Put it back together. Something didn't look right. I have a male fitting on the bottom of the carb with nothing hooked up to it, and no hose laying on my work bench. I can start it for a few seconds, but then it dies out. So, please don't tell me Echo designed a saw with an extra male fitting. Pulling my hair out, and there wasn't much to begin with. Thanks.

I’m not the most knowledgeable on saws as these other guys but it almost sounds like you’re missing the impulse line that goes from a nipple on the carb to the crank case which makes the carb pulse and fuel to flow.

Thank you, will explore that. In fact there is no line inside the case where the carb is. Big mystery, is where did it go? Usually I'm pretty good at keeping my parts together when I disassemble stuff.

Super Duty: When it does start, it runs at really high idle for 2 or 3 seconds, then conks out.

I don’t want to pretend I’m a chainsaw mechanic because I’m a newbie still learning. My Walbro carb has two male fittings that comes off on my right hand side. The back fitting is the fuel line and goes down to the tank. The front fitting is the impulse line that goes down to the crank case. My understanding is the impulse line has a vacuum created by the crank case and creates the movement of fuel through the carb. But also, I don’t think all saws have an impulse line. Again, I’m new at this.

not sure what’s causing the high idle and stopping. Was this the original issue you were having? One thing you might want to check is the tank vent.
Hopefully a real saw mechanic will pop in here soon.

The hard part has been trying to get information on how to route the impulse line back to the crank case. I suspect that if I am missing a line, that would probably take care of 99.999% of my problems for which I do not see a psychiatrist. Thanks for jumping in.

Good evening. I took carb out ( Walbro 739 ) out of this chainsaw. Put it back together. Something didn't look right. I have a male fitting on the bottom of the carb with nothing hooked up to it, and no hose laying on my work bench. I can start it for a few seconds, but then it dies out. So, please don't tell me Echo designed a saw with an extra male fitting. Pulling my hair out, and there wasn't much to begin with. Thanks.
Check your inbox for an ipl and service manual. Both have nice pics of the carb and lines.

Latest posts

Back