Resurrection of Commercial/Climbing Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STIHL the BEST

Shiny new Member. Only dropped once...
Reaction score
6E35523C-8A46-45E6-A6C5-DEF5ED7E04C3.jpeg 112B8ADF-0905-4048-A302-375F7079AF34.jpeg C053A515-8351-4E70-B28C-18521DD622C0.jpeg 14F63CC6-9F62-4861-A028-4B98AA3895BF.jpeg So since it’s a “climbing” saw...
And this model is used by myself and MANY other people in a commercial capacity...

I felt it was worthy of posting in the Commercial/Climbing “for professionals only” :innocent:thread.
@lone wolf
Thank you again for the 200 T. :cheers:

I had ordered a new chain brake handle to replace the old/broken handle. It came in Tuesday but I’ve been working a transmission line a ways from home all week so I haven’t got to the dealer before closing time until today. :)
Got a new light weight bar and chain, and installed an oversized lanyard ring.
While replacing the handle, obviously the internal brake linkage cover has to come off, so I got the tidbits of stuff cleaned out and the brake now works smoothly and has a strong lock/unlock action.

Nice!!!

Upon inspection tonight, I decided the sprocket has a little bit more wear than I’m comfortable with on a brand new bar/chain, so I’m going to order the sprocket and clutch assembly tomorrow and replace them before I run it with a load.

Anyhow, it’s my first 200 T, and it’s come together nicely.
Just felt like sharing since I’m rocking one of my kids to sleep, and there simply are not enough new and interesting threads in this forum...
:D

Hope you all have a safe and wonderful weekend.
:rock:

STIHL the BEST

4F737DA9-5EF5-4948-AC53-6CED5159990C.png Ok. Got the new sprocket installed.
You can see the old one was due for replacement.

Now she’s really ready for a new life of cutting...
:happybanana:

STIHL the BEST

That 200t looks good, I have one that's done a bazillion hours work that I replaced with 201t. But every so often I use my 200t & it reminds me why I loved it so much. LW does em good.

That 200t looks good, I have one that's done a bazillion hours work that I replaced with 201t. But every so often I use my 200t & it reminds me why I loved it so much. LW does em good.

Thank you.
And yes, lone wolf does have a knack for them.

I bought it used, obviously, with the engine and carburetor rebuilt. So I’m happy with it.
I just wanted to bring it back to 100% or as near as I could get.
So now it will get heaps of work loaded on it and I will be glad to have it.
In fact I plan on getting another one or two from him as money and supply allows...
:)

STIHL the BEST

ETA: I never said as much, but I think it deserves to be said for lone wolf...
This saw runs like a meth dealer runs from cops!
The carburetor has got to be tuned as perfect as it gets. It purrs like a kitten over a bowl of milk and the throttle response is PHUCKING instantaneous!
Alcohol funny cars come to mind...

Thanks again wolf.
You’re a gentleman and a scholar. :numberone:

Thank you.
And yes, lone wolf does have a knack for them.

I bought it used, obviously, with the engine and carburetor rebuilt. So I’m happy with it.
I just wanted to bring it back to 100% or as near as I could get.
So now it will get heaps of work loaded on it and I will be glad to have it.
In fact I plan on getting another one or two from him as money and supply allows...
:)

STIHL the BEST

ETA: I never said as much, but I think it deserves to be said for lone wolf...
This saw runs like a meth dealer runs from cops!
The carburetor has got to be tuned as perfect as it gets. It purrs like a kitten over a bowl of milk and the throttle response is PHUCKING instantaneous!
Alcohol funny cars come to mind...

Thanks again wolf.
You’re a gentleman and a scholar. :numberone:
Thanks brother :cheers:

Back