• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Rifle for chainsaw (PA)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

300zx_tt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hey guys, I'm looking to get into milling, I've talked to a few on this forum about it. I have a husky 455 that I use for just general cutting (firewood mostly). I'm looking for a higher CC saw for milling with. Stihl or husky works, can be a power head only or a complete saw.

Onto the rifle, if you're in PA I can meet depending on location and all I need is a bill of sale. I will ship ffl to ffl for out of staters.

It's a Savage 111 Trophy Hunter XP in .270 win. (Great deer cartridge) comes with a Nikon BDC scope. I have only fired this gun 60 times. I have the brass (once fired) for you reloaders if you want it.

If you want any specific pictures or have any questions let me know.

Thanks,
Ryan

If that was a Savage 99 in .300 I would give you a great deal

When I was 16 (2008) I was at a gun auction with my uncle and there was a savage 99 new in box that went for 65 bucks. I asked my uncle to buy it for me and I'd give him the cash since I was only a teenager. Then he explained a straw purchase to me and that was that. It had a beautiful wood stock. I get mad every time I think of that gun.

When I was 16 (2008) I was at a gun auction with my uncle and there was a savage 99 new in box that went for 65 bucks. I asked my uncle to buy it for me and I'd give him the cash since I was only a teenager. Then he explained a straw purchase to me and that was that. It had a beautiful wood stock. I get mad every time I think of that gun.

They are a fine piece and there is a "history" of why I want one as well as Model 12 and 1897 Winchester shotguns

If anyone here is really into guns they will now what RIA is. RIA will sell 2000 lots in a few days and none of which will contain a Savage 99 in .300. They are not all that rare and that is why RIA does not sell them but when there are 3500 guns sold 20 minutes from your house it makes a guys hair stand up when what he wants is not there.

Just like the Mecum auction last week 30 minutes away for tractors

I'm pretty sure I have one of them there .300 Savage 99s in my safe. I never use it. What are they worth these days? I bought it about 20 years ago from a very elderly neighbor who bought it new. It's a little fuzzy but I think he acquired it around the mid 1940's. I bought it from him primarily because the he was going to get shafted by a local gun shop who was going to pay him a pittance for it. I did some research on it and paid him market price for it. He was a good neighbor.

Hamburg P.a. Cabelas has one marked as 85% in their gun libray at $1119.99 same gun I have very close ser.# I think mine is as good maybe a bit better. I think a n.i.b. 044 could get mine traded.

I had a Savage (not a 99) in .300 winmag, the recoil could just about change the earth's orbit lol (it was a light gun, which obviously didn't help).

That is a nice rifle there, hopefully you'll find a nice used 394 or 395 in trade.

We kinda derailed his thread... My .300 - 99 was won in a card game back in the early 80's. I love that gun. I hung a period correct Weaver on it. I don't like new scopes on old guns... It came with a couple boxes of ammo that I have never used. One marked $8.99 !

Can you put the bolt on the other side for us "normal" guys?
Your better off ordering on from the custom shop.
557419a8e691d0d6cab8aaffd5d08b69.jpg

Contemplating building a mill so this gun may or may not be up for trade in the future, just an FYI

300 are you wanting a chainsaw mill or band mill? If CSM there is one on CL now and Ill buy the saw from you and split the price. If you want the link PM me.

Steve you know the saw. Seems everyone of them I find you already have your nose in on also. That is a good price for the pair of them. I have a band mill already so no need for a csm.

Steve you know the saw. Seems everyone of them I find you already have your nose in on also. That is a good price for the pair of them. I have a band mill already so no need for a csm.
:laughing: you should buy it. that saw looks primo. even has the stickers stihl on it. the saw is worth for that price alon. you could always take the csm to the scarp yard.:eek:
sorry for the derail OP.

Bumping this back up. Looking for a mid 60cc or larger. (65cc+) saw stihl or husky maybe one of those fancy red saws I've seen on here :D

Pa deer season Is fast approaching

Back