RIP: Nik aka Fatguy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. So sad to learn the news. Condolences from northern Ohio to friends and family. .

I had the pleasure of meeting Nik some years ago at my first GTG at Bill Poor's place about 3 hrs. from me. I'll always remember it. I was like a fish out of water and didn't know anyone. Hell, I didn't even bring a saw. Just wanted to see what a GTG was all about. Recognized a name tag or two from members here and Brad was there in all his stardom of the day capturing the attention of most folks. I was just sort of wandering aimlessly around while some of the cutting was underway and came upon Nik and Andy who had just run a very impressive MS361. I must have made some sort of naive saw comment when Nik seemed to sense my awkwardness and asked if I wanted to give it a run. Andy encouraged as well and one of them handed me the saw. I'd never run a modded saw before..., and I'm pretty sure they both knew it. LOL (I think one of them may have even ended up starting it for me.) Well, I was like a kid in a candy store after running that saw and butchering a cant for a couple of 4" wide crooked cookies. As embarrassed as I was, that gesture of kindness and encouragement from Nik and Andy was more than worth the drive and will stay with me for a long, long time. I'd like to think they knew they made my day, too.

R.I.P., Nik. Thanks, Andy.

Wow. So sad to learn the news. Condolences from northern Ohio to friends and family. .

I had the pleasure of meeting Nik some years ago at my first GTG at Bill Poor's place about 3 hrs. from me. I'll always remember it. I was like a fish out of water and didn't know anyone. Hell, I didn't even bring a saw. Just wanted to see what a GTG was all about. Recognized a name tag or two from members here and Brad was there in all his stardom of the day capturing the attention of most folks. I was just sort of wandering aimlessly around while some of the cutting was underway and came upon Nik and Andy who had just run a very impressive MS361. I must have made some sort of naive saw comment when Nik seemed to sense my awkwardness and asked if I wanted to give it a run. Andy encouraged as well and one of them handed me the saw. I'd never run a modded saw before..., and I'm pretty sure they both knew it. LOL (I think one of them may have even ended up starting it for me.) Well, I was like a kid in a candy store after running that saw and butchering a cant for a couple of 4" wide crooked cookies. As embarrassed as I was, that gesture of kindness and encouragement from Nik and Andy was more than worth the drive and will stay with me for a long, long time. I'd like to think they knew they made my day, too.

R.I.P., Nik. Thanks, Andy.
Thanks for the nice story, it brighten up my day just a hair, on a day that will most certainly be one of the lowest I've known.[emoji111][emoji173]

Awe no way! I was only just recently wondering how the big fella was doing, seriously after all these years. I havent been on here in almost a decade. Seeing the heading of this post just plain shocked me.

Nik would have to be the easiest going, nicest bloke you could converse with. Many PM’s spent with the big fella.

And his love of dogs. His posts, likes and responses to those that posted in the ‘cutting buddy’ thread. He never missed a post.

The world has lost one truely top human being.

Condolences to Niks family and close friends.

Rest in peace big fella.

Brad think you for putting the video together.

My hart has been ripped apart. Nik was the most gracious person I've ever had the pleasure of calling my brother. I have no words to describe how good of a friend and person he was, and I know everyone that has ever meet him feels exactly the same.

View attachment 826537i am so sorry andy...

Sad times indeed, as human beings we really struggle when one of our loved ones
is called home, I did not know Nik, but from you guys responses he seems like one of
the good ones, I just pray the Lord helps those he left behind to come to terms and deal
with Niks passing, there will be sadness for sure, but there will be smiles in heaven, for a Son
who has come home.
God bless your family and friends Nik, and all who mourn your passing.

Back