Road side firewood signs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polish hammer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I sell I bundles at a restaurant that is next door to a campground and 2 miles from another.. last year I just made a sign that said firewood was about 30” long slab wood chunk routerd in and painted. owner says I need a lot bigger and better sign so just out of curiosity what do you guys have for road signs?

Saw a 4'x4' sign today.

Firewood
10 for $5

Was visible and easy to read at 65 mph.

I have a hand painted sign out front that's hanging on my fence. It's about 3'x7' with a white background and red lettering. I'm on a dead end road so I don't have drive by traffic.
My sign needs repainting and I've been thinking instead of redoing it to just have a banner made that I can hang on the fence. Not long ago I called a random sign store and for a banner 2'x8' was about $150
Banners are good because There easy to put up and take down. I bet if I get with one of my racing buddy's I can get it done cheaper. They use banners a lot at the track because there easy to put up and take down and roll up for storage. I was just at an ATV national race this past weekend and they had banners everywhere.

I have a hand painted sign out front that's hanging on my fence. It's about 3'x7' with a white background and red lettering. I'm on a dead end road so I don't have drive by traffic.
My sign needs repainting and I've been thinking instead of redoing it to just have a banner made that I can hang on the fence. Not long ago I called a random sign store and for a banner 2'x8' was about $150
Banners are good because they're easy to put up and take down. I bet if I get with one of my racing buddies I can get it done cheaper. They use banners a lot at the track because they're easy to put up and take down and roll up for storage. I was just at an ATV national race this past weekend and they had banners everywhere.

Vistaprint.

Just made a 4x8ft one for about $70.

Lol like that.. I read somewhere awhile a sign that said ....Got wood? Once you see our rates you’ll get wood! Lol I liked that a lot for a saying but not really all around appropriate.. I tried to make a logo and the saying would be “Seasoning wood since 2016” with a beaver hold a salt shaker over wood but don’t no anything about making a logo n can’t figure it out

Lol like that.. I read somewhere awhile a sign that said ....Got wood? Once you see our rates you’ll get wood! Lol I liked that a lot for a saying but not really all around appropriate.. I tried to make a logo and the saying would be “Seasoning wood since 2016” with a beaver hold a salt shaker over wood but don’t no anything about making a logo n can’t figure it out
This.upload_2019-4-12_4-34-8.jpeg prolly not this.:laugh:
0959-wet-beavers-looking-for-wood-38327110.png

Lol that is awesome ha I like it.. chart is a good idea also haven’t even considered letter height.
Take a look at signs when you are driving around and see what catches you eye and the ones that don't. not sure if this was mentioned but you may need to check state and local codes for sign size and setback from the road.

I have commercial property on a major Highway. So a few years ago put a small sign for small amounts to sell for weekend users. The county sends me a letter that the sign has not been approved. To start with the approval process cost $2000.00 for a sign permit then they want $8500.00 to $24,000.00 for a use permit for the property. When I mention some folks a 1/4mile away have no sign permits that is not commercial zoned they have nothing to say. So maybe there will be no signs right now. Thanks

Latest posts

Back