Robotic Following Cart - any use in Commercial Tree Care applications

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Could it be valuable?

• No way

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • At the right price (please comment with a number)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

candersen10

Reaction score
Hello, I am working to build a robot for people to replace some of those tasks where you'd otherwise jump in and out of a tractor/skid steer, or have to tow around a wagon. My website is here: www.agrbt.com, and here is a video of an early prototype: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzl5cuP6yLY. Here is a spec sheet for it.

What do people think about this? The product is a robotic cart that follows the user, and can also return to a specified point on command. On my farm/woodlot, it would be very useful for harvesting apples and vegetables, hauling around equipment, for spreading mulch (as shown in the video), and in other tasks where I'd otherwise be jumping into/out of a skid steer to spread small bits of material or pick up/collect objects. It could also be used as a virtual conveyor belt back and forth between two spots (load it, hit the home button, it goes home to dump/be emptied, comes back).

The cart will be built out of aluminum so will not corrode, and should weigh about 100 pounds and be able to carry 250 pounds or so. It could easily have a much higher capacity, or carry a high volume load with a different bed/frame design.

Any thoughts or feedback on the idea? What might you pay for something like this? Any applications people can think of in commercial forestry/tree care? Or am I dreaming of something that has no use?

Burro11.jpg

Here's what we have now - it follows anyone without any beacons etc. by identifying them using an algorithm. Could anyone see some use in something like this commercially?

4.jpg

Back