Rod bearing failure - serviceable?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vintage and post vintage Husqvarna new parts are very expensive. If we can find them. A rod kit for a late 70’s early 80’s 250 can cost over $200. It’s another $100 labor to press it. I been there.

Watching HOTSAWS101 on YouTube hes done decades of testing two stroke oil. He’s narrowed it down to a full synthetic two stroke oil. The two oils that he proved the best results were maxima K2 and motul. It’s turned into a oil thing on this post or thinking out loud. Crankshafts failing isn’t an option. For me im looking for the best wear preventative. Plus less carbon deposits in the engine. I’m saying it can be a combination of the two stroke oil were using and the mix ratio were using. My larger cc saws never fouled a plug. My 240 fouled plugs and clogged the spark arrestor but not that often. I’d rather foul a plug than cook the crank. Fouling the plug can be my carb adjustment is off.

If your using the 50:1 husky can mix make sure you shake up the can before pouring it. When the pre mix sits in the can the oil does seperate from the gas. We need to mix it back up again.

Latest posts

Back