Roots on 20+ yo pindo palm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feebys Owner

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi! I have a pindo palm in my yard that died awhile back. It has now broken in half and must go. My husband thinks I need to hire someone to remove it that will grind the stump out of the ground. Despite its age and size, it is my understanding stump grinding should not be necessary. Am I wrong? Thanks. See pic. 20200806_185416.jpg

You don't have to if you don't want to. It will not grow back or cause any future problems.
Jeff
It was a beautiful day!
Thanks. It's not so much whether I have to or not, but rather if there would be much of anything to grind. It is my understanding most palms, this one included, have a very small root system.

Thanks. It's not so much whether I have to or not, but rather if there would be much of anything to grind. It is my understanding most palms, this one included, have a very small root system.
I believe your understanding is correct. A shovel is all you need and you don’t even have to pay any gym membership for the workout.

Back