Rope bags

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL... I wonder if I can sell some ad space under my subliminal message!

I have been using a couple of medium surplus alice packs and they are too small for my gear and rope but too big for just a rope.

I like to leave the rope in the bag under the tree to leave the unused out of the dirt and dropped limbs.

The hole is dandy. You'll be able to get you eye splices through too.

If the bag get soaked then you are right where you started, coil the rope and hang it on the wall until the bag (and the line in it) dries out. Crates, buckets and the sort are the ticket imo. They get a drench and just leave em under cover and they dry out. I would opt to drill some holes in the bucket. They used to sell Arborplex in a bucket.

Am I the only one that has an issue with the sides of the bag caving in while trying to flake the line in? Can become a 2 man job.

If the bag get soaked then you are right where you started, coil the rope and hang it on the wall until the bag (and the line in it) dries out. Crates, buckets and the sort are the ticket imo. They get a drench and just leave em under cover and they dry out. I would opt to drill some holes in the bucket. They used to sell Arborplex in a bucket.

Am I the only one that has an issue with the sides of the bag caving in while trying to flake the line in? Can become a 2 man job.

You can cop a squat on a log or something, drape the loop handles over your knees and easily flake the rope into the bag by yourself.

My ropes don't get wet in the bags, they are water resistant. They will get wet while working in the rain and then you definitely need to hang them up and let them dry before you stow them in the bags or they will mildew.

You can cop a squat on a log or something, drape the loop handles over your knees and easily flake the rope into the bag by yourself.

My ropes don't get wet in the bags, they are water resistant. They will get wet while working in the rain and then you definitely need to hang them up and let them dry before you stow them in the bags or they will mildew.

gottit....

forgot, that's another plus for the pale/crate....you can cop a squat on them too along with Dan's idears.

Isn't that what differentiates a "rope" bag from a bag. Mine has supports woven into it to keep it erect.

Btw, I also keep stored rope in buckets with lids.

The bag travels easier.

Isn't that what differentiates a "rope" bag from a bag. Mine has supports woven into it to keep it erect.

Btw, I also keep stored rope in buckets with lids.

The bag travels easier.

bag has a permanent erection....over 4 hours....better call a doctor lol

I usually hold the bag at the top with my left hand, run the rope through my hand under the meaty part of my thumb (between the bag and my thumb) and pull the rope through with my left hand into the bag (my right hand stays inside the bag during this).

In this way I can do a tactile inspection of the rope inch by inch.

I've got a couple of rope bags but mostly I carry my climbing gear in large Rubbermaid tubs with tops. I use rubber wheel chocks on top to keep the tops down when in the back of a pickup truck. /QUOTE]

Attached%20lid%20container.jpg

Rope Boss bags

I just got two L standard bags and a XL deluxe. While they are indeed awesome and the best bags i have had yet, Sherrill missed what seems to be pretty obvious to me; a tab or loop inside the bag to tie the working end of the rope to. its obnoxious to have to run the end of my rope past my saddle and other contents out the top of the zippered top to tie it off. Its not as big a deal on the drawstring version, but still, they should have caught that. Otherwise, so far i love them, great design, well built.

I was getting tired of untangling my rope every time. Well what do you know, I found a solution here. No, I did not buy a rope bag, I am cheap ass, but I tried using Home Depot bucket and it worked like a charm. Thank you, guys :)

My favorite thing to use for rigging lines are these flexible cloths baskets. They are stiff enough that they stand on their own but flexible enough that it can take a falling chunk of wood without breaking (usually). They have holes in them but that just helps let snow out instead of keeping it in there to melt later in the shop. For like ten bucks you cant go wrong. https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/-clothes-hamper-with-handles/0000000202619?bc=10968|10996|11006 I hope the link works, i haven't done much posting on here.

I have mine stored in rope bags different colors helps id rigging from climbing. Those milk crates would work well too I use those for my fuel can and bar oil carrier. Sometimes I leave my climb line in the bag hanging on my side as I wraptor up so I can send the climb line down where I want it. As far as tangles no problem there.

Back