Ropensaddle,s world Arkansas style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another view!
All I could reach with my bucket.

It also had a lean around twenty degrees toward that house I could not dream of living one night there with that over my roof.
badone_007.jpg

yowzer

To not recognize the stubs possible uses for rigging down, somebody is looking amateur.

Thanks for sharing the photos Rope.

I am not the best climber at 47 but I can still climb with them and not be too embarrassed:monkey: I was way better years ago but the bucket and wifes good cookin have me slower now. I am also seriously under geared I have one block, one climb rope,one bull rope,one porty, and really need way more to do what I do but I still get it done without damage even to the understory!

I took a beech down like that because the ho noticed his lab was running thru the trunk. Had to yank it like you and it was an adventure with no holding wood to speak of and plenty to miss. Big spread canopy out of symmetry way over the roof.

Way to dangerous to rig and lean over the house. We had 3 come alongs roped to it.

I am not the best climber at 47 but I can still climb with them and not be too embarrassed:monkey: I was way better years ago but the bucket and wifes good cookin have me slower now. I am also seriously under geared I have one block, one climb rope,one bull rope,one porty, and really need way more to do what I do but I still get it done without damage even to the understory!

Hey eliminate the block AND the porty and that is how we used to do it.

I took a beech down like that because the ho noticed his lab was running thru the trunk. Had to yank it like you and it was an adventure with no holding wood to speak of and plenty to miss. Big spread canopy out of symmetry way over the roof.

Way to dangerous to rig and lean over the house. We had 3 come alongs roped to it.

Sounds bad I wish when I worked at the local power company as their danger tree expert foreman 13 years or at Asplundh runnin a manual crew 8 years prior:dizzy: I would have took pictures of the stuff they laid on my shoulders, prolly caused my high blood pressure:laugh:
My worst was a tie between a dead pine with a peckerwood hole halfway up it and I had to climb 40 foot above that hole and rig it down,or the 150 sweet gum around 54" dbh leaning over a three phaze with only a strap of wood on the tension side left. It was refused by our competitors and my boss asked If I could do it. I told him if time and any resources we had available was not an option yes. Very scary tree the giraffe already trimmed all he could reach and there were still 20" limbs overhanging twenty feet I had that tree looking like a rope factory. I snubbed it tight every direction until it could not move as it was teetering on that strap. I would refuse them today without a crane.

Hey eliminate the block AND the porty and that is how we used to do it.

Yup I still like to forget it many times on limbs I get my rap up there on one of those ricocheting stobs and lower to the ground myself. I know , I know it is amateur but it is safe and fast and less fatigue. I break out the block when I need it.

Nice gig Rope, just goes to show you don't need brand new bucket trucks and chip trucks to bring in nice clients.:cheers:

I need new glasses, I never did see the grapple. Takes alot of experience to have enough respect for those dead and especially rotten trees.

I bid $ 400 recently to take one down, leaning towards the house, about 45 inch rotten and dead oak.

The HO roped and drug it down himself, ($ 400? I'm crazy, and outrageous) and told me "Man that thing was rotten and hollow. It was crazy."

And whats the chance of hitting a piece of steel in a 150 YO homestead tree?

About the helmet, what most of these people don't know is, how hard your head is.........:)

The only thing I see is that I'm gettin older and lazier, I would have turned the splitter around where I wouldn't have had to throw the wood so far to the truck.lol

Nice gig Rope, just goes to show you don't need brand new bucket trucks and chip trucks to bring in nice clients.:cheers:

I started with a trailer, 85 ford f350, basic climb gear,and let my fatigue ruin a thriving and profiting business lol. I will say that equipment makes it a lot easier until the end of the month lol.

Latest posts

Back