Ropensaddle's project pine growing out of roof

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ropensaddle

Feel Lucky
Reaction score
010.jpg
got about half the green off with a :newbie: this tree has a 3 phase right beside her and I tried to get a crane but no access.
008.jpg
007.jpg
026.jpg
025.jpg
I will get more tomorrow I will have one of our members and the new guy who was good help I took it real slow we did not do anything till around 11, as I fully wanted him to understand the scope of this project.
The newspaper people may do some photos tomorrow:cheers:

Last edited:
nice rope you got your hands full on this one.crane could park on drive way it looks like good luck stay safe

Looks like fun!

Here is your post a little easier to view.

Thank you sir, I messed it up and did not know how to fix it. As to the driveway customer did not want big trucks on it. He is a great guy just does not want the driveway busted and even if he decided to allow, the only crane guy in town will not do trees:cry: I will finish it, I have done a few worse but it is definitely taxing. I have the hardest limbs off, so tomorrow should be chucking early but as it gets lower I will have to quarter or wafer them off and pitch about six feet to clear roof. Should be a great time lmao:cheers: I am gettin too old fer this #### :laugh:

Last edited:
Yep,thats a harry one for sure.About the only thing I see a little bit good is that the fifst floor roof is nearly flat.
Are you gonna have enough room between edge of roof and primaries to shove logs?

Yep,thats a harry one for sure.About the only thing I see a little bit good is that the fifst floor roof is nearly flat.
Are you gonna have enough room between edge of roof and primaries to shove logs?

Oh yeah, but will have to be careful not to overdo them at the top of the log. The root flare is under the joist and pushing it catywhompis.

rope, you are the man, dawg!:cheers:

Jeez, I would come work that one for the adventure, call me, I would work for expenses.:givebeer:

thank god its a pine, huh?

You got that right but the limbs are unusually long for a pine. I will update tomorrow it is a pins and needles job fer an old fart lol:cheers:

WOW, Awesome job. Bet it's gonna feel weird sawing indoors.lol Is there a floor where it roots in and is it in a room they use or is it some kind of sundeck. That's a big pine for sure.

It is a sunroom and has a floor that will be taken up some to cut below then redone. I did not measure it but I feel its 40+ inches and a little over a hundred foot.

Nah just an old has bin washed up old fart lol. There was a time though when I would have had that safely down in a day.

You mean 3 hours, right rope? I mean, that's all it would take me, lol. :) Seriously, boss, that's tough cuttin' there and kudos to you for tacklin' it.

It is a sunroom and has a floor that will be taken up some to cut below then redone. I did not measure it but I feel its 40+ inches and a little over a hundred foot.
How ya gonna lower that big trunk down without trashing the roof. Gonna have to be careful on that one especially with a newbie groundy. That house looks familiar, Is it in the hot springs area.

yeah, but I bet your old arse is charging by the hour. :laugh:

What about ziplining, BTW?

The oak would be the only candidate for that it is around 59 inch dbh and I get to do some maintenance to it this winter but it is in the wrong spot, nope just a simple rope down to roof cut up pitch off, then chunk the wood I am sooooooooooo freaking glad I bought my gecko's.

How ya gonna lower that big trunk down without trashing the roof. Gonna have to be careful on that one especially with a newbie groundy. That house looks familiar, Is it in the hot springs area.

Yes it is in Hot Springs I will either quarter and cut blocks or wafer the throw the chunks all freaking day lmao:cheers: May have to pull up the 395 with a 36" b&c.

Back