Ropensaddle's project pine growing out of roof

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow , that was a quite job you did there .........really impressive seeing all the restrictions and limitations you had put in front of you .
Thanks for the pictures and updates its been a good thing on your part and made for a good read.

Discard that one posted who is giving you grief ......his post's usually suck and he never has anything much but crap to say anyways .....Great job on you.

southpaw

Wow , that was a quite job you did there .........really impressive seeing all the restrictions and limitations you had put in front of you .
Thanks for the pictures and updates its been a good thing on your part and made for a good read.

Discard that one posted who is giving you grief ......his post's usually suck and he never has anything much but crap to say anyways .....Great job on you.

southpaw

Thanks, I have always said after the first five years, I am not the best climber in the world but I can climb with them and not feel ashamed. I just like the business and professionals on this site and am working toward certification as well. I have learned so much from this site I can never repay except by showing my slowpoke arse in my climbing picks :hmm3grin2orange:

anyway. cant really convey a tone of voice or mood in a typed message. i swear it all started as constructive criticism. just saying it could be done alot faster, and would have been, if i had done it.

anyway. cant really convey a tone of voice or mood in a typed message. i swear it all started as constructive criticism. just saying it could be done alot faster, and would have been, if i had done it.

Well that is probably true but 4 or5 hrs is what you said. Now on jobs of this magnitude and I have not seen a whole lot like it, speed is not my biggest concern. I will say in the eighties when I was a young buck, I certainly was much faster that I am at 46. It seems we will never truly know your skill level as you have not posted anything you have climbed. I don't want to end with putting you on ignore and if I needed a greenhorn to give criticism I am sure my :newbie: could provide it. Please feel free to post some picks of your fine work in the future so we can see just how fast you truely are. Then if you make it in 20 more years and if I am still alive, do it again and I will be here to see if you are just as spry, deal?

Last edited:
Hey look I got a new Nova thanks to Rope maybe my rep will be as good as asthesun.

Yeah know the problem with Horses. There are more horses asses then there are horses.

There have been some good points made here about different approaches that I may have taken to increase speed. I have used all methods at one time or another maybe the next tree I can have Tackle on the job and have me up there rocking and rollin. It had been a good long time since any real climbing I was rusty and a little challenged on this project. I will take picks of the 17 coming that are as big but more room but am trying to schedule around this heat. I used to be able to take it much better but now it gets to me quick. I so wish I could work here in winter and friggin Canada or somewhere it ain't so hot in summer.

Rope I have a video camera we can use to document that job. All we need is someone to run it. Not the Newb...lol. Look forward to doing some climbing with you to teach me some stuff. Whenit cools down of course :)

Rope I have a video camera we can use to document that job. All we need is someone to run it. Not the Newb...lol. Look forward to doing some climbing with you to teach me some stuff. Whenit cools down of course :)

That would be cool I have one but it does not seem to be computer compatible or at least I ain't figured it out yet. The wife is good a photo's and vids.

It is a dvd video camera so easy to upload.

Thats good mine should be but something is amiss I found out the wifes cam takes vid clips and made one of my new modded husky lol. It is the what I done today thread:cheers: Should make this blocking thing a little faster :hmm3grin2orange: Ear plugs mandatory it is a loud sob.

Well that is probably true but 4 or5 hrs is what you said. Now on jobs of this magnitude and I have not seen a whole lot like it, speed is not my biggest concern. I will say in the eighties when I was a young buck, I certainly was much faster that I am at 46. It seems we will never truly know your skill level as you have not posted anything you have climbed. I don't want to end with putting you on ignore and if I needed a greenhorn to give criticism I am sure my :newbie: could provide it. Please feel free to post some picks of your fine work in the future so we can see just how fast you truely are. Then if you make it in 20 more years and if I am still alive, do it again and I will be here to see if you are just as spry, deal?

Kick his ass

To be honest ; once the guy said no crane I would assume that he is really trying to make it hard on me and would have not taken the job... cause I would be to scared to. But I really think the guy is a prick with that no crane crap and that is another reason I wouldn't have touched that tree.

Back