Ropensaddle's project pine growing out of roof

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kick his ass

i dont own a donkey. 4-5 hours, i doubt more. thats 4-5 hours in the tree, not 4-5 hours before you get the check. especially dont need more than that if the limbs dont go over the power lines. if they do, add 10-20 mins. climb up to first limb, rope it to the roof or tag it off the roof. repeat til you buttcatch the top and tag it off the roof, then buttcatch or snatchblock the thing down til you cant cuz the roof is too close. then and only then should you bother to cut little disks you can throw. only reason i say this tree would take longer is because of lack of help, which i see you only had one, so thats fine. i personally cant stand climbing a removal more than once. every now and then there's one that takes a long time (8-10 hours) and when that happens i dont come down til the job is done and there's usually 6 men busy on the ground the whole time. things are going alot faster now that i dont smoke cigarettes anymore. honestly though, like the guy up there said, i would have told the guy to sod off if he said no crane, either that or tripled the price for aggravation fees.

i dont own a donkey. 4-5 hours, i doubt more. thats 4-5 hours in the tree, not 4-5 hours before you get the check. especially dont need more than that if the limbs dont go over the power lines. if they do, add 10-20 mins. climb up to first limb, rope it to the roof or tag it off the roof. repeat til you buttcatch the top and tag it off the roof, then buttcatch or snatchblock the thing down til you cant cuz the roof is too close. then and only then should you bother to cut little disks you can throw. only reason i say this tree would take longer is because of lack of help, which i see you only had one, so thats fine. i personally cant stand climbing a removal more than once. every now and then there's one that takes a long time (8-10 hours) and when that happens i dont come down til the job is done and there's usually 6 men busy on the ground the whole time. things are going alot faster now that i dont smoke cigarettes anymore. honestly though, like the guy up there said, i would have told the guy to sod off if he said no crane, either that or tripled the price for aggravation fees.

what does BTK and FTW mean?

what does BTK and FTW mean?

He is from Florida it may be an attempt at the Alphabet

here let me out a little
logo-alphabet.jpg

Rope good job on the tree....I think you did just fine on it and you are still in one piece and no property damage. Sometimes physical labor is the answer to the question. I work with a guy like you and instead of paying the crane he like to keep the money for himself even though it meant harder work for him. I know it was not an option for you but there is nothing wrong with working hard. If you ain't scared of it. Which you are not....obviously.

Out of curiousity...did you ever think about setting the rigging in place and making your cut then coming out of the tree to pull the logs over? You have to leave some hold but to get down safely. I would not recommend it on any leaners put something straight up and down you could do it. Just a thought.

I tell ya if this guy ever finds out where I live I am really going to have a situation here.

Yo, Asthesun, we're cool right? I mean nothing to kill or get killed over, just an internet forum right?
I'm tellin him where you live dan. But for a small fee i will keep silent. Ok being the ho i am i'll keep quite for some rep.lol

Asthesonnyboy you sure seem confident but let me tell you something. I am merely going by the fact of your age here and could be wrong. This tree you likely could not legally touch because of the close proximity of minimum 12500 volt lines. I can because; I have supervised men doing so since you were eight and done the work since you were two. I see you mouth a lot of trash but do nothing or bring nothing to show. All mouth and no action the way I see ya boy.

Asthesonnyboy you sure seem confident but let me tell you something. I am merely going by the fact of your age here and could be wrong. This tree you likely could not legally touch because of the close proximity of minimum 12500 volt lines. I can because; I have supervised men doing so since you were eight and done the work since you were two. I see you mouth a lot of trash but do nothing or bring nothing to show. All mouth and no action the way I see ya boy.

Good point/points. That is what I tell guys who surprise me with monster TD's through the high tension. I say" I am not qualified and I don't think you are either"
Being able to TD that pine with the :newbie:, the heat, the HO , just the two of you, yeah well, you know...

Good point/points. That is what I tell guys who surprise me with monster TD's through the high tension. I say" I am not qualified and I don't think you are either"
Being able to TD that pine with the :newbie:, the heat, the HO , just the two of you, yeah well, you know...

My last job of 13 years was danger tree forman for the power company may be why I am slow good lmao:cheers:

Rope that was the nastiest tree-in-house job I have had the pleasure of seeing. High voltage, delicate roof, no heavy vehicle access. I like the clean finish with no damage. I bet the HO and his neighbours did too.

I have not had the pleasure (or pain) of such a job without the benifit of a crane but I am ok at tree math. Let me explain tree math. Its the process by which you demonstrate that blowhards are just that.

Take a look at post 4, bottom picture. Now count with me. No less than 22 limbs that need rigging. Using the climber in that picture as a guide, no less than 7 pieces 6 feet high to rig out leaving a stick at least 10 foot above the roof. Not forgetting the top that means, now work with me here, 22 + 7 + 1 = 28 major pieces of rigging. How many times does 28 go into 5 hours? Yes boys and girls, roughly 11 minutes per piece rigged and on the ground in order to have this puppy down to roof plus 10 feet in 5 hours. In order to complete this piece of arboricultural magic, Asthesun need now only wave his magic wand and remove all the wafers from a stick 10 foot above and 8 foot below the roof in 60 minutes. At 6 inches each thats 20 cuts above the roof. At 1 foot each thats 8 cuts below. Now lets do the tree math again people. 20 + 8 = 28 cuts in 60 minutes which is how long per cut? Yes. thats right, our intrepid hero Asthesun blocks down this puppy in just 128 seconds per slice. Woot. Im impressed.

Numbers don't lie.

Asthesun I think we all know what magic wand you were clutching tightly when you made the bogus claim that this tree could be easily done in 5-6 hours.

Rope, I know you didn't need the help, but please forgive me. It had to be done. :cheers:

Some people just cant admit that they wrote a check their arse cant cash. He admitted he was a little tipsy, talkin junk, then got called on it and is now backed into a corner, peeing down his leg.

Come on Asthesun, admit you were wrong and without seeing the tree and situation used bad judgement and if we all didnt call you out you could easily admit it. This is your chance to pop that zit and become a man by admitting you were incorrect

Last edited:
Them little palm trees, or lemon trees?:hmm3grin2orange:

drink on.:popcorn:

people who think that florida is all palms havent been to 90% of florida, which actually has few palms.

i was only drinking as of my 2nd or 3rd post. i stand by my 4-5 hour estimate.

Back