Ropensaddle's project pine growing out of roof

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 4-5 hours to remove.

I think it could be done.

By someone, somewhere, under ideal circumstances, using a good sized crew of olympic-fitness groundmen, who were better at rigging than a yacht crew training for the America's cup. The climber would need to be able to hand over hand up a rope to the top of the tree, and be able to move about as fast as a squirrel in a tree. He would need to be strong enough to make horizontal cuts lickety-split using a Husqvarna 3120 with a big bar for several hours (after all, Rope likes Husqy saws).

But sure, no problem for the right guy. Even then, there would be more risk than Rope was going to take.

Originally Posted by asthesun View Post
i stand by my 4-5 hour estimate.

I can run 8 - 10 miles a day. I run saws like nobody's business. I have worked with phenomenal riggers and ground crews,(i.e.. JPS running our crew during Isabel, nobody better), and others I trained for many years. Even if you could take that tree down that fast, (somehow :dizzy::confused:) it would take 3 days to clean it. but YOU can't.

Anybody can type,.:chainsaw:

Wayne, u da man.:cheers:

Last edited:
people who think that florida is all palms havent been to 90% of florida, which actually has few palms.

i was only drinking as of my 2nd or 3rd post. i stand by my 4-5 hour estimate.

Allthemouth You come in to a post that is one of the harder jobs posted in this professional forum and think your all that. I believe you are fos, I bet it takes you four hours to wake up in the mourning. I will say son, you have been interesting however mouth and action are not the same, you may need to stick to playing your video games and leave trees to pros.

Last edited:
Allthemouth You come in to a post that is one of the harder jobs posted in this professional forum and think your all that. I believe you are fos, I bet it takes you four hours to wake up in the mourning. I will say son, you have been interesting however mouth and action are not the same, you may need to stick to playing your video games and leave trees to pros.

Yep.

Hey Treeslayer thanks allot one way.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: 4to 5 hrs you have to be joking.WE have done some big trees in a day but no way you could get that down with clean up in 4-5 hrs with out a crane.I think your fingers on the computer board makes you a hero lets see some of your work on here or better yet put a video up with a tree growing through a house and take it down show us what you are all about in 4 hrs. and that is with out hitting the house, power lines cars, and the neighbors house.

and if I had a 60 - 90 ton crane, an hour. max. :jawdrop: outriggers down and up.

what took YOU so long?

Yeah then wait,wait on the phone to ring lol:cheers: It has got bad on calls if I get two a week I feel grateful. I need 30 to feel I am a business. I have asked myself over and over why do you still hold on with all the wannabees, illegals,and it is because; I can't lose the farm and equipment I have worked so frigging hard to accumulate. I guess if it gets too bad I will have to find a job and do this on the side. Customers suck when all they care about is price. I have too many shoppers that do not compare apples.

Yeah then wait,wait on the phone to ring lol:cheers: It has got bad on calls if I get two a week I feel grateful. I need 30 to feel I am a business. I have asked myself over and over why do you still hold on with all the wannabees, illegals,and it is because; I can't lose the farm and equipment I have worked so frigging hard to accumulate. I guess if it gets too bad I will have to find a job and do this on the side. Customers suck when all they care about is price. I have too many shoppers that do not compare apples.

Perhaps you are aiming at the wrong target Rope. I have had great succes from emailing businesses asking for treework. A little humour seems to help as does an outrageous discount up front. It blew these people away when they would email at 9am, I would call them at 9.05 am, visit the site by 10am and offer a discount to do the work immediately. I did some dirt cheap work. But at least it was work. Some of those clients I picked up are now my best earners.

Hope the phone rings some more for ya Rope.

this is not a big tree. if that things passes for a big tree where you are at, thats a joke. i tried to smooth things over with you but you started to try insulting me. you claim i cant have climbed anything because i dont desire your approval and therefor dont post pics of my work? pfft. i'll go so far as to say that even in your prime you were a mediocre climber at best. you obviously arent comfortable on your hooks. how do you rope anything out with 4 foot stubs on the stag anyway? and you dont take wood to the trunk? lol. thats removal 101 dude. but you cant do that with the 4 foot stubs you left, again. tell me again how many DAYS it took you to take this tree out? i've never claimed to be the best or fastest, but i'm definitely a helluva lot better and faster than you.

Whether the tree is big is relative. Whether the tree is difficult is not.

Asthesun post your proof of comparable work. Then everyone will have to eat humble pie and proclaim you to be as good as you say.

The poster wishes to advise that anyone holding their breath waiting for photographic evidence of Asthesun turning tough trees into toothpicks is likely to need oxygen shortly

:cheers:

Whether the tree is big is relative. Whether the tree is difficult is not.

Asthesun post your proof of comparable work. Then everyone will have to eat humble pie and proclaim you to be as good as you say.

The poster wishes to advise that anyone holding their breath waiting for photographic evidence of Asthesun turning tough trees into toothpicks is likely to need oxygen shortly

:cheers:

LOL :agree2:

this is not a big tree. if that things passes for a big tree where you are at, thats a joke. i tried to smooth things over with you but you started to try insulting me. you claim i cant have climbed anything because i dont desire your approval and therefor dont post pics of my work? pfft. i'll go so far as to say that even in your prime you were a mediocre climber at best. you obviously arent comfortable on your hooks. how do you rope anything out with 4 foot stubs on the stag anyway? and you dont take wood to the trunk? lol. thats removal 101 dude. but you cant do that with the 4 foot stubs you left, again. tell me again how many DAYS it took you to take this tree out? i've never claimed to be the best or fastest, but i'm definitely a helluva lot better and faster than you.

I don't have to insult you,your mouth does it for you. I am twice the climber you will ever be boy as in 26 years, no one including myself has ever been hurt other than minor cuts and bruises. I have supervised men doing this work longer than you have done the work. Why if your so good don't ya take me up on the bet punk, it is because your not the man you think you are. You are one step away from ignore and right there with sappy and gobs so make my day punk. Ps the tree was large, I have done much bigger son, even worse and Florida is not known for big trees so go ahead and insult yourself some more as you prune the orange trees.

Last edited:
I don't have to insult you,your mouth does it for you. I am twice the climber you will ever be boy as in 26 years, no one including myself has ever been hurt other than minor cuts and bruises. I have supervised men doing this work longer than you have done the work. Why if your so good don't ya take me up on the bet punk, it is because your not the man you think you are. You are one step away from ignore and right there with sappy and gobs so make my day punk. Ps the tree was large, I have done much bigger son, even worse and Florida is not known for big trees so go ahead and insult yourself some more as you prune the orange trees.

whup his ass, rope!!:cheers:

we know who does the work, and we know who can only write about it. :agree2:

whup his ass, rope!!:cheers:

we know who does the work, and we know who can only write about it. :agree2:

Oh but he has them nice charts and graphs, lmfao; you know the tree he turned down, the type I do daily when rolling. That right boy, I searched this whole sight to find work you done and my only compliment for ya is; you sure can do pretty charts and graphs to explain why you turned down a tree I would have done without a hitch.

I sent out 16 letters to prime existing clients. One netting a 3g job with no stupid questions asked if you know what I mean by that.
If ye seeks...

Last job I posted ( topped birch) I was going to ask to put a yard sign up. I hate these signs mainly cause some guys go over board with them, put them in real bad spots and also neglect them. I really hate the ones that get blown around. To me that is not a sign, that is litter.

Latest posts

Back