Roper 3.7 fuel line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Haven't quite figured out the best way to put a fuel line in my 3.7 Craftsman/Roper chainsaw. It appears to be a two piece design or I may have pulled it in two when I removed the line from the carburetor. I tried running a piece of wire through the hole and it didn't come out the other side...help!

Saw look like this?
27867227f41a56186271ce93b018d21a.jpg

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Saw look like this?
27867227f41a56186271ce93b018d21a.jpg

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
Mine looks similar, has a red starter housing and a black air filter cover but basically the same saw..mine has a hand guard on top bar. I found a parts list from Sears and it appears to have a two piece fuel line but it looks like you have to remove the tank to get to it if I read it right..

Haven't quite figured out the best way to put a fuel line in my 3.7 Craftsman/Roper chainsaw. It appears to be a two piece design or I may have pulled it in two when I removed the line from the carburetor. I tried running a piece of wire through the hole and it didn't come out the other side...help!
Remove clutch has left hand threads...remove the four black counter sunk bolts behind clutch ..unhook oil line in front of you .One bolt on the bottom of saw at the handle ..pull apart fuel line is there

I hit a snag. I'm having trouble getting the clutch off. I'm sure it is left hand thread like most saws but can't figure out a way to turn it. I tried putting a wooden piston stop in the exhaust and heating up the center of the clutch slightly but the darn thing will not turn. I also couldn't get a very good grip on the clutch to turn it, probably Roper people use a special tool...
I also tried some PB Blaster on it to no avail..

I had the same problem. From my other thread, I had to use a 1/2" impact to get the clutch off, never had one that bad. My 3/8 butterfly is a cheapo, but this is the first clutch it couldn't move. I ground a socket to fit it. Then, I had to use and impact screwdriver to loosen the countersunk screws behind the clutch.

DSCF1495.JPG

Where did you hook the socket to the clutch? I didn't notice any place on the face of the clutch that would hold up to an impact wrench. Oh, I think I see it now, there's just two things sticking out on your socket? I was looking for 4 I guess.

Back