Roper 3.7 fuel line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting kinda cold in this part of the country so I went to the farm store and bought a couple of tote boxes to put my unfinished projects in. Looks like one will have the Roper and the other will have my 372XP. I don't spend a whole lot of time out there in the shop in the winter, just when I have to. If we have a warm spell I'll get out there and tinker a little more..

It was a little warm yesterday so I went out and made me a clutch removal tool out of an old Western Auto socket, think it was 13/16 or something like that, checked and it fit good on the clutch. Next time I go out there I'll try to get the clutch off without breaking the socket..mine has 4 raised up places to put into the clutch holes. I hope it's strong enough..

Weather's took a turn for the better so after mowing my yard for the final time this year I decided to try the Roper clutch removal tool. I cranked the compressor up all the way and slapped the socket on the clutch and it removed it in about one second, modified socket worked great! Then I hit another temporary snag..those four screw headed bolts wouldn't budge. I put PB blaster on it for awhile, applied a little heat and that didn't work so I modified a punch and hit the screws on the edge with it and my trusty claw hammer. It was a very slow process but finally all 4 were out. I guess the next step is to remove the starter cover and I guess then the tank should come loose..

These screws had some kind of white substance on the threads, I assume some kind of thread locker. I used to have an impact wrench but I broke it several years ago and never did replace it. Haven't needed one until today. I'm not gonna put those screws back in that tight but I may use some blue locktite.
Tank still won't budge, guess I have to take the starter cover off?

I went to the local Walmart and bought some screws for the starter that looked closer to stock than what I had. Had to counter sink the starter just a tad for them to fit flush. Got the Roper all apart and cleaned so when I get some customers' saws worked on I'll tackle the Roper again, assuming the weather holds up..

We had a couple of nice days around here and I got all the customers' saws done so decided to work on the Roper. I got it all done except the carburetor, which I rebuilt today. I almost forgot how to hook up the oiler linkage but think I know. Just wondering how those oilers work on those Ropers, they seem a bit different from others I worked on. I suppose that knob on top is an oiler adjustment?

That's why I was saying earlier the carb links are very finicky. Seems like there is a mechanical link that slips on the throttle rod. When you give it full throttle, it pulls the oil plunger. So, it's a semi automatic oiler and it has a manual oiler.

I think I got it back the way it was, after 3 tries I got the carb on right. I didn't realize I had the trigger set on fast idle and it wouldn't let the linkage fit right. I was mad at myself when I realized I had it right the first time. Right now I've applied some epoxy to the air filter cover because it had numerous holes and cracks in it and they're getting hard to find. Hopefully a little sanding later and a good paint job and the cover will look almost stock.

Back