Roper 3.7 tear down and rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just thought of something else. Where some of these have the manual oiler this one looks to just have a cap for where the manual would go. Anyone ever lifted that cap to see what's in the hole? I haven't and I have another version of this saw that I may rob the parts from to make this a manual one too.
Let me know, thks.

Looking good, gumneck! Glad you got a solid runner. I definitely like the manual oiler, especially running a longer bar, it just feels nice to be able to give it a little extra lube. Hope you can find the parts, I’ve seen them on Chainsawr but he’s mostly out of stock now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29284c93d52e5850641c2c0623688056.jpg

This is the clutch on mine, it really looks in decent shape, I’d just like to solve the chain-spinning. I took it off, cleaned all the gunk out, and oiled the springs lightly, but it still spins at idle. I will definitely try some carb adjustments, but I’m skeptical since I can’t hear anything change with the engine when the chain starts free spinning. Would adjusting the low idle up, or down be the right direction?

This is the clutch on mine, it really looks in decent shape, I’d just like to solve the chain-spinning. I took it off, cleaned all the gunk out, and oiled the springs lightly, but it still spins at idle. I will definitely try some carb adjustments, but I’m skeptical since I can’t hear anything change with the engine when the chain starts free spinning. Would adjusting the low idle up, or down be the right direction?

I always see how many turns out my low and high side adjustment needles are set prior to changing them. So count how many turns it takes to get the low side lightly seated inwards and make note.
Make sure the chain is not loose on the bar, tighten it up. Does the saw idle fast? If so:
Then, turn the idle screw out (counter clockwise) about a 1/4 of a turn just to see if it slows it down first and stops the chain from spinning. If the low speed needs to be adjusted down, Turn the low side in (clockwise) about an 1/8th at a time. Check to see if it revs up quickly and then idles down and the chain coming to a stop. This can take several tries.

And I agree that your clutch shoes look fine from what I can see here.

Latest posts

Back