Rugged Made log splitters?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panolo

Seldom right...Always opinionated!
Reaction score
Been thinking about a new splitter with a 4 way and log lift. I would love some of the nicer ones like Wolf Ridge but I don't think $6k is in the budget.

Anybody have any experience with the rugged made line? Pro's and or con's?

curious as well. i just about bought one a couple years ago but backed out due to shipping problems. they seem like a nice splitter

Thanks for the kind words! We can work with your bank to get you financing. I also have a used 28 Pro splitter coming in from demo this week. Priced at $4600, this splitter has done a 2 full cord pile in 1 hour 26 minutes.

I have a timberwolf tw 5 that I thought was a great machine till pump went in it they changed the pump hole place ment on the new ones and had trouble geting the right fittings and I think some of problem was timberwolf was sold to a group called biomas so if I were you I would not go to a timberwolf splitter

Bought several replacement parts from rugged made. Pumps, valves, etc.
Good prices and great service, wouldn’t hesitate to buy from them again.

I am pleased with my North Star 37-ton. A buddy welded me a 4-way and it works well. The machine seems to work well and the log lift is a real plus.

Apparently nobody on here has a rugged made splitter. I've been hoping to hear some input myself on them. Maybe I'll have to just buy one to find out

Apparently nobody on here has a rugged made splitter. I've been hoping to hear some input myself on them. Maybe I'll have to just buy one to find out
There are several videos on YouTube. I like the 37 ton horizontal model. There is a new 22 ton half beam unit with 4 way and lift for a comparable price of a standard big box store v/h unit, but the shipping costs considerably changes the whole equation.

I think that me, along with some others, thought you meant a "rugged-made" splitter and not the one of that brand name.

I also have a "rugged-made" splitter I was able to cobble together. But, I do like the Rugged Made Brand, 37 ton. I think, for the price, it is far superior to the other more known brands. Only time will tell.

Edit: I think the UrbanHomesteader, on YouTube, indicated he has had his for 3 years with no problems. He splits some nice sized rounds.

Been thinking about a new splitter with a 4 way and log lift. I would love some of the nicer ones like Wolf Ridge but I don't think $6k is in the budget.

Anybody have any experience with the rugged made line? Pro's and or con's?

Eaither of you guys get a rugged made splitter

No. I went with a super split. I use my DHT on big rounds in the vertical position if I don't want to noodle them. I chose the speed route.

I haven't bought one here yet either. Rather low on the priority list this time of year. Maybe this fall or winter I'll break out the piggy bank

I had the use of the 37 ton Rugged Split for the last year or so, it was my brother's and he recently sold it. It had the electric start engine, log lift, slip on 4 way wedge, out feed table and adjustable stop for the return stroke. Pros: very heavily built, electric start was nice, log lift is very useful for large rounds and to stage smaller rounds. The out feed table allowed the splinters to fall out (witch it did seem to make more splinters with the 4 way wedge, but I collect them for kindling). 4 way wedge slips on and off easily. I was really impressed with the splitting power. Cons: very heavy so it is harder to move around the splitting area, in my hilly backyard I would have had trouble moving it without my Kubota BX. The out feed table is a few inches lower then the splitting beam. Not usually an issue but with the really large rounds it made it harder to move a split piece back to the beam.

Overall I thought it was really good value for the money.

Brian

Back