Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jere39: It's is a beautiful way to spend a day. To simply enjoy the hard work, and the moment.
With some basic tools to assist, it really is a pleasure to experience that.
Our son, and my older brother from California visiting for a couple weeks.
Our son is 29 now.
Rainy morning...old photos.
I enjoyed the minimum impact of using the quad, trailer and arch. Left behind were some uprooted stumps and scattered brush. No paths or trails except for crushed leaves.
DSCF2016.jpgDSCF2019 (1).jpgDSCF2022.jpgDSCF2026.jpg1114101612.jpg1114091145.jpgDSCF2155.jpg1017091658.jpg1031091512a.jpg1028091411.jpg

Lately, the loads I've been "running" are moving logs to my BSM and taking the "cants" away,

standard.jpg

Also of course, taking the slab wood away to be cut into firewood lengths.

SR

I don't know if that's a wasp or bee hive. Seems like you won the stinging insect lottery! One day when I was cutting some trees in my woodlot, I thought I pulled my leg muscles while making a cut. My whole left leg was hurting but then my neck and the right side of my face started hurting. I looked down away from the cut and I was covered head to toe in wasps! I set down the saw as carefully as I could so I didn't have an accident because it's much too easy to trip in the dense brush, then I set the land speed record running down the road while slapping my neck and beard. After taking the dead wasps out of my beard I realized the saw was still running but there was also a large cloud(?) of wasps interested in the saw. I took a long fire kill sapling and switched it off, lifted it by the handle and hoisted the saw out of hell itself. I marked that area so I knew not to try finishing up the tree I was processing. Now here I am picking up 4' lengths of another tree on the other side of my road. I noticed exactly where I was previously cutting there was another cloud of angry wasps flying around. I was pissed that they were around wood that was ready to be loaded. So I ever so slowly picked the pieces up and wasn't stung again.

Sawyer Rob, how do you like your Agco Allis? Is that air cooled? Ive been keeping my eye open for a larger 4x4 tractor to better utilize my igland winch or a skidder and it seems the Agco are really cheap for their size compared to most other brands.

I have two of them, bought them both new, they have been GREAT tractors for us!

Yes, it is air cooled, very efficient!

I'm going to buy another one, if the "right" size comes along...

SR

I don't know if that's a wasp or bee hive. Seems like you won the stinging insect lottery! One day when I was cutting some trees in my woodlot, I thought I pulled my leg muscles while making a cut. My whole left leg was hurting but then my neck and the right side of my face started hurting. I looked down away from the cut and I was covered head to toe in wasps! I set down the saw as carefully as I could so I didn't have an accident because it's much too easy to trip in the dense brush, then I set the land speed record running down the road while slapping my neck and beard. After taking the dead wasps out of my beard I realized the saw was still running but there was also a large cloud(?) of wasps interested in the saw. I took a long fire kill sapling and switched it off, lifted it by the handle and hoisted the saw out of hell itself. I marked that area so I knew not to try finishing up the tree I was processing. Now here I am picking up 4' lengths of another tree on the other side of my road. I noticed exactly where I was previously cutting there was another cloud of angry wasps flying around. I was pissed that they were around wood that was ready to be loaded. So I ever so slowly picked the pieces up and wasn't stung again.

They aren't froze?

I cut a load of ash today, it was ash that power line guys cut down along the power line that crosses my property,

standard.jpg

I put a new 20" bar/chain on my 268XP and it was really zinging along!!

standard.jpg

I bought this 268xp NEW back in the 80's, and it's been a good saw,

standard.jpg

Now I need to get that load split!

SR

Not my truck so I was conservative while loading ;)

Ha ha ha I need a friend like you .... I wouldn't loan any of mine my on road truck to haul wood ..... and never mind half the goons in this thread .... k ... I resemble that too but that's beside the point ....

Keep On .... Runnin' Load's ....

Latest posts

Back