Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We need a bit o info there buddy, is that how you buy your wood, pre bundled?

Small load picked up last night and loaded by your's truely, sorry for the crappy pictures. Any ideas how much?

Probably just over .75 a cord, a stacked out 8ft truck box front to back and side to side to the rails is .6

Another load of truck abuse that'll make nice heat.

The last pic is the front of the rear spring, it should be parallel to the drive shaft in the back ground, oop'sy.....

I've been there before. Loaded the Fuso up with a lil to much dirt. Tops of the tires were up against the bed so I lifted her up with the skid loader and slid these between the axel and frame for some bump stops.
image.jpg
Sorry for the sideways pic, don't know how to rotate it on my phone

View attachment 340842 Just bringing it in the house... That's all I got right now.

That's not good to hear. I hope you get some more quickly.

I ran out a few years back so I feel your pain, I have been working towards being 2+ years ahead, or about 35 - 40 cord stacked, or my back gives out, which ever comes first....

I've been there before. Loaded the Fuso up with a lil to much dirt. Tops of the tires were up against the bed so I lifted her up with the skid loader and slid these between the axel and frame for some bump stops.
View attachment 340843
Sorry for the sideways pic, don't know how to rotate it on my phone

Oh, oooh, ehhh...... I hope you drove really slow cause that's tough on the frame and axle. Air down the tires a bit if you have to do that again so there's some give.

That's not good to hear. I hope you get some more quickly.

I ran out a few years back so I feel your pain, I have been working towards being 2+ years ahead, or about 35 - 40 cord stacked, or my back gives out, which ever comes first....

What I meant was that's just a load coming in the house, not all the wood I have left for the year. I have been buying face cords from a guy down the road for the past 2 months actually. I just bought about 12 cord of wood in long length that will be about 2 years of my supply.
Please tell me you meant face cords above. How can anyone burn about 15 cord of wood in one year!? That's a lot of wood man.

Heres the way we hauled wood this year. the snow was so deep we could not get in with the pickup. Every snow storm we would keep our path 1/4 mile long packed down. We were driving about 16in. above the ground. It was slow but we brought out about 10 full cord like that.

Attachments

• rhino 002.jpg
    rhino 002.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 141
I burn 15 cord easily cause it's an OWB and there are issues. The boiler design isn't a high efficiency unit, the lines are just the older orange PX, the PO ran them very dumbly, it' heating a 1900 sqft house and a 1600sqft shop, making hot water and the boiler it's self is in a very dumb spot.

In short I wana put the boiler in it's own building, rerun insulated lines properly and replace the boiler but it's not in the budget for a while, it's all farm cut dead fall or standing dead sooo just keep feeding it.....

standard.jpg

BTW, I made a pretty neat bench out of that log on top of the running gear, there's NO WAY I was going to cut/split/burn that baby!!

SR

Small load of shag bark hickory. Will be that last wood my girlfriends 53 year olddad burns before he moves to Florida and sells me his house.
20140226_115939.jpg
And starting on next years wood is this load of green maple. The old half ton didnt like doing 60 on the highway with that load
20140315_145623.jpg

0324140856a.jpg See hows there no snow on the left, that's a direct cause of me having to cut all that wood. I can't wait to rip all that out but dang it's gona be expensive, 2 sets of lines to do.

Sawyer Rob, DOT will be all over you for bumper to bumper double trailers, over length, no flagging.... he he, got a pic of the bench?

Stilhfanboy, I have an 89 Chery heavy half and kinda looks like that one ya got there, but white and reg cab. Man that took some nasty on road loads over the years and is still going strong.

Around here, it's a farming community and they just don't bother farming equipment, especially if you stick to the back roads.

I've brought a lot of logs home this way,

standard.jpg

Here's the bench,

standard.jpg

I posted my bench build picts. on one of the forums here, but I think they got lost when this site was having problems, there's NO fasteners at all, gravity holds it together...it was a fun project!

SR

Oh, oooh, ehhh...... I hope you drove really slow cause that's tough on the frame and axle. Air down the tires a bit if you have to do that again so there's some give.
Yeah it was on site just to hold some topsoil I scraped off filed in with some clay then spread the topsoil back on top.

Being that over loaded, the tires already had some "give". All letting air out of them does, is lower their load capacity so they over heat. OR rim cut when you hit a pot hole or sharp bump.

SR

That golf cart can pull this much weight!?
It'll move it. You can't steer and it wheelies when going forward lol. I just needed to hook the trailer to something while loading it, then move it with the tractor. Trailer is just used as a moveable rack to hold my logs until I get a chance to process them. And the golf cart is the best free score I ever picked up. Threw 3 old truck batteries in her and she was off and ripping. Thought gas carts were the way to go until I picked up this, now I prefer the electric ones.

Back