Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The grapple is one of the accessories the loader mfg. offers for their loader, along with the pallet forks and many other tools...

canto, as I had pushed the forks together, I could have just picked up one end of the round and made the second cut, it was just safer to sit it down to work on it so it didn't roll onto some one.

With the forks pushed together, I have no problem moving stones/rocks, I do a fair amount of that too,

standard.jpg

Sounds like you have something that works for you too...

SR

View attachment 617249

not the usual load of wood for this thread, but a load none the less.

What is OSB going for in your neck of the woods? Last time I priced out 1/2", it was $23 a sheet. My folks visited and my Dad about **** when he saw the prices, was around $9 a sheet at the time in Maine. For a while plywood was cheaper, I did the roof on my 16x20 shed in 1/2" ply that was $18/sheet while OSB was $22.

Building a wood shed, right?

I'm a contractor, we're building a master suite On top of a 2 car garage. I'm taking the ceiling joists and rafters to build my wood shed out of. I'm cheap so I figured instead of taking up space in the dumpster and tossing it I could kill 2 birds with one stone.

What is OSB going for in your neck of the woods? Last time I priced out 1/2", it was $23 a sheet. My folks visited and my Dad about **** when he saw the prices, was around $9 a sheet at the time in Maine. For a while plywood was cheaper, I did the roof on my 16x20 shed in 1/2" ply that was $18/sheet while OSB was $22.

OSB is nuts, I paid $18 a sheet, that's discounted through the bid room at Home Depot. Originally it's $24 a sheet. I picked this up because it wouldn't fit on the truck with the rest of the **** I ordered.

STL firewood, I bought a 130 Woodland Mills and was thinking of cutting ash and poplar bunks for loading machinery for a couple of local companies. Still have to look into the border issue though, might have to be kiln dried and I'm not interested in that head ache. Going to cut short beams flooring for barn floors too whenever I get the time.
Most companies here are using softwood for bunks though so we'll have to see what we can sell. I have access to ash and poplar mostly.

Latest posts

Back