Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ain’t much going on up here, had a lil burp of spring with abouve freezing weather now dropping off to close to 0F over night. Just about shut down the boiler completely, I did shut iff heat to the shop as it wasn’t needed, figure back on today or tomorrow.

0F77FD8D-A15D-4A21-96E8-F430236C7016.jpeg

Hmmmp, feeding the wood peckers parently...

B7E603D2-2D53-45AA-AD86-AAA524A8BC5C.jpeg

5E5AFB99-A8BB-4447-B5A7-13453A2F41E6.jpeg

Just keep telling yourself spring is comming... cause the geese are back.

Keep on .... Runnin’ Loads!!!

Ain’t much going on up here, had a lil burp of spring with abouve freezing weather now dropping off to close to 0F over night. Just about shut down the boiler completely, I did shut iff heat to the shop as it wasn’t needed, figure back on today or tomorrow.

View attachment 642599

Hmmmp, feeding the wood peckers parently...

View attachment 642601

View attachment 642604

/? "WHAT THE HECK" left turn, what did you go and do now ? trade off the new ferd fer un ode uglee oder more reliable heavy duty ferd for the lite work?? LOL

Just keep telling yourself spring is comming... cause the geese are back.

Keep on .... Runnin’ Loads!!!

Thanks crowbuster and chucker!!

Trust me, those pic's do it justice. It's a 65ish F350 SRW I got for the huge price of .... come pick r up cause we ripped the box and hoist off cause of a unstrapped water tank, bout 10 years ago .... yup ... dead free .... dead truck ....

I put the B&H back on while recovering from a separated shoulder a few years back, ya good plan, and it just keeps on going .... not fast but it gets r dun!!

The newish SD is just fine, and contrary to the interweb it has been extremely reliable. If I wanted to trade off unreliable ... doz wifey would be sooo gone ...!!

Keep on .... Runnin' Loads!!

Got a few small loads in to the row and some stuff to be split after some day cut wood.

3A622006-5B1A-4DA4-A174-4E15E388CC4D.jpeg

Did mention I’m a vegan....

D216F70E-8E76-4E09-BCCA-9901A23687C5.jpeg

Yup, hard core second hand vegan ..... you and your friends just keep on eating the lawn, I’ll see ya later in the year!!!

EB003632-979F-4D69-88B1-931DF9ACBBB4.jpeg

Come on!!! Fell over 30 degree to catch tops and hang up, just the luck that day.

EBA4F337-9956-48A8-9144-360AB4963B1C.jpeg

Lil gopher’s eye view

Keep on .... Runnin’ Loads !!!

Forgot a picture of the first few loads this year.. I just got this (locust?) today:
31044098_966437460030_7599434422714524045_n.jpg

Well I burned a few brain cells as I pieced my ugly old splitter back together. A lil major welding here and a lot of general maintenance.

IMG_2194[1].JPG

I think I paid $75 for it at an auction quite a few years ago and it's still splits well .... so till it dies ... we'll run R ....

IMG_2191[1].JPG

I had to reweld the ram mount as I had ripped it right off, I really gata get a bigger welder.

IMG_2193[1].JPG

And on to the easy maintenance side, weld the log catcher back on and bore a hole so oil changes are waay easier. Dang high res camera's sure pick up everything, and don't leave you splitter under a pine tree, wonder who was the silly person who did that .... ha ha ....

Well boy's and girl's I'm gona be splitting for a while, pic's to come...

Keep on ...Runnin' Loads ....

So as promised I have some spliter picks .... nothing too exciting but BTU's none the less....

IMG_2222[1]fdsgrsdt.jpg

So I put a lil dent in that pile, I really do have to get my bale elevator put back together ... ya don't even loan one out ....

IMG_2216[1]tudj.jpg

What I have to go through yet. I'm a boiler guy so this is just chunk wood, cut off's and stumps, if your wondering why none of it looks very good.

IMG_2223[1]dujddj.jpg

Even though the box wasn't completely empty, that pile is stacking up faster that I thought, I may run out of room, nice feeling to have.

Keep on ... Runnin' loads!!!

Thanks, it’s my buddy’s. This is mineView attachment 658478
Why is your buddy's "Old" Ford loaded to the gunnels with monster blocks, and your "New" Ford have a bunch of light top wood on it? I know taking care of the "New" truck, can't abuse it!

I remember when you got it, that is a pretty old Ford.

Why is your buddy's "Old" Ford loaded to the gunnels with monster blocks, and your "New" Ford have a bunch of light top wood on it? I know taking care of the "New" truck, can't abuse it!

I remember when you got it, that is a pretty old Ford.
Lol, yeah I usally don’t even put wood in it:rolleyes:, my buddy always gives me hard time about it too but he has a newer ford he don’t haul wood in either, he’s sure not afraid to use the old one though. I’ve thought about selling it and buying one I can actually use but I just like it too much, guess I’ll just have to be careful;).

I hate to say it ... cause it dates me... they don't make em like they use to ....

You chip chucker's have seen the load's my poor ol 88 has brought in over the years and the box actually doesn't look that bad. I have seen lots of on road truck way more beaten up .... and I'd like to know what they did to get them that pounded out.

Old steel, tough steel ....

Keep on ... Runnin' Loads.....

Back