Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apple tree on CL. She said it was a big crab apple and it grew small apples. I figured the grab apples were the tiny ones. Anyway it was a free add but she wanted the tiny stuff gone too so I said I don’t do that part for free so she gave me 50$ bones and I took everything. Going to make money off the wood aswell selling it as bbq wood and use it myself in my smokerF4080934-F3C4-482B-B0C1-F74E6F0EE49D.jpeg38B77E1F-6156-4722-9A1B-7F8739B66D36.jpeg DE6589A2-4FD4-44D7-BE9D-56A48A9995D7.jpegthe wood is at the bottom. The 064 is going to get my arms jacked!im hoping to get a cherry tomorrow

the bump stops are hitting the axle. That’s how I know my truck is too small

Fixed it for you. Seriously, on the one hand, it's your own business how badly you overload your truck but on the other hand if you're traveling on public roads, you have some responsibility to stay within the safe limits of your equipment. You can find yourself an old F250 for a couple thousand bucks and haul more, much more safely, and save a lot of wear and tear on that little 'yota.

Picked up a new atv before Christmas. The wife didnt belive that I could sell my previous Honda Rancher for more than I paid for it 5 years prior (i purchased used). Boy she ain't going to make that bet again! Enjoyed the Honda but wanted an automatic so the wife would drive it and I couldn't pass this deal up. New 2017 Suzuki Kin Quad 750 with power steering.

KR2sEYol.jpg

Dragged these out with it. Currently working on a log arch to make it a lot easier and cleaner.

OKEk6oll.jpg

Skip the log arch and just get a trailer ... I hauled tons of wood with it as I got it ...

That's a heck of a load, what size atv is that?

I do have a 4x8 trailer. It's a cheap harbor freight one I think. Got it for free and redid the entire thing. Looks pretty good now. I've thought about using that trailer but I'm not convinced yet that a trailer is an easy way to get firewood out of the woods.

I'm planning on getting wood from our hunting camp and I think dragging logs out and cutting them and loading into the truck would be easier than loading onto a trailer and then loading onto the truck truck. If it was my house I was gathering wood at it may be different.

And the guys thought I had a sketchy load

HA ha this thread is full of dahz sketchy load's ... I think it all started with the OP and post #1 ... what a goon ... Ya that was a very solid load and about the biggest I'll haul. That was a hand me down trailer built out of a small car but it keep's on keepin' on ...

That's a heck of a load, what size atv is that?

I do have a 4x8 trailer. It's a cheap harbor freight one I think. Got it for free and redid the entire thing. Looks pretty good now. I've thought about using that trailer but I'm not convinced yet that a trailer is an easy way to get firewood out of the woods.

I'm planning on getting wood from our hunting camp and I think dragging logs out and cutting them and loading into the truck would be easier than loading onto a trailer and then loading onto the truck truck. If it was my house I was gathering wood at it may be different.

The top pic is a 98 Yamaha Big Bear 350, speed standard, full time 4x4, full snorkled & 28's ... usually used more for trail riding as it has very good front disks and is smooth.

Bottom one is my 90 Honda TRX 350D, 5 speed standard, full time 4x4, 5G custom fuel tank, full snorkled & 28's in summer, 24's?? & chains for winter ... was my trail bike but it's geared lower and starts in -30, basically no brakes, just won't die .... buuut is a rough pig that'll re curve your spine as it takes you on a 100 mile ride across a mountain ... then laughs at you as you hobble off ...

Ya I see your point of 6 of 1, 1/2 doz of the other... I would cut in the bush, then load to the truck IM. I'm a boiler guy so everything goes in mine, pinky size on up, everything.

Keep on ... Runnin' Loads ... !!

Ya I see your point of 6 of 1, 1/2 doz of the other... I would cut in the bush, then load to the truck IM. I'm a boiler guy so everything goes in mine, pinky size on up, everything.

Keep on ... Runnin' Loads ... !!

Would have loved to stay with a Honda but wanted a cvt so the wife could easily drive it, as well as having high and low. So it was between Suzuki and Yamaha, Suzuki was 3k cheaper.

My dad is actually building the log arch. Materials were free from the machine shop he works at. Also looking for yard trailers or something I can make into one as the $100 special one I have now is beat to death.

I hear ya, my choice would have been to keep the Honda and get the King Quad cause that way both of you can go out riding ... see ... upselling the whole idea to get the other involved then benefits both of you !!

Keep on ... Runin' Loads ... !!

Would have loved to stay with a Honda but wanted a cvt so the wife could easily drive it, as well as having high and low. So it was between Suzuki and Yamaha, Suzuki was 3k cheaper.

My dad is actually building the log arch. Materials were free from the machine shop he works at. Also looking for yard trailers or something I can make into one as the $100 special one I have now is beat to death.

When I was researching what ATV to get it came down to Suzuki or Arctic Cat for me. Not a whole lot of Suzuki's around here and there's an AC dealer half hour from here. Pretty happy with my 650 H1 so far.

Latest posts

Back