Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feel like im the only one runnin loads this week! Haha finished spliting the cherry and oak we took down last weekend and didnt fit on our trucks other day and cut down two more good size reds. To help top off our trucks. 6 more truck loads to go for me!
A29C8B9A-53F2-46C7-B4B6-C32838A6A419.jpeg

And here is Sunday's load.

Quad trailer of kibbles and cut off's ...

IMG_0016.jpg
IMG_0005.jpg
IMG_0003.jpg

That's making a 24in bar look small!!
IMG_0008.jpg

And the F350 filled with 4ft's and the block to split which I should cut a lil smaller than 18-20's cause dahm it was every thing I had to get them in the truck...

IMG_0017.jpg

Keep on ... Runnin' Loads!!

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 9
I like the old Honda Foretrax pulling the trailer still working!
Thanks!!

That's our snow/mud/farm tank that I picked up 700ish about 10 years ago. It's slightly lifted, snorkled over the handle bars, custom 5G tank, winch that can be taken front to rear .... it'll go any where but your body gives up first cause, dahm is it ruff. Right now I have stock 25's and chains on but come summer it gets 28 10 & 12 Swamp Lites.

0316191758a[1].jpg
0316191920a[1].jpg
0318191849a[1].jpg
0319191806a[1].jpg

Ya it gets worked like a dog!! One of my favorite buys ever ....

So on to today's load of horse kill wood #3 ....

So nice when 6 pieces of wood make a row on the truck ... and yes, that's 5ft snow drifts still waiting to melt !!
IMG_0020[1].jpg

Nice way to spend a coupl hrs
IMG_0021[1].jpg
IMG_4984[1].JPG

I guess I have some fencing to do to.
IMG_4985[1].JPG
IMG_4986[1].JPG

Ya sorry bout these last coupla pic's, kinda fuzzy ... a rain/snow squall came in and it got dark faaast !!

IMG_4987[1].JPG
IMG_4988[1].JPG

Couple more tree's to take out yet so stay tuned ... but as always ...

Keep on .... Runnin' Loads !!

Got a load of wood from the farm, on Sunday, with the new 572xp. This is like THE way to do wood, IMO! Load it with the forks on the tractor, drag it home, cut it up on the trailer, then roll it off the trailer right onto the splitter. No bending over the splitter on the ground, no lifting wood up onto the splitter, etc.

74bde1c118a6fcf6d41e6990fb63570c.jpg
06d23a655a7d81ee060044a2f9f5bd7d.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

This is like THE way to do wood, IMO! Load it with the forks on the tractor, drag it home, cut it up on the trailer, then roll it off the trailer right onto the splitter. No bending over the splitter on the ground, no lifting wood up onto the splitter, etc.
When I post picts of me doing that on some sites, I'm told it doesn't work! It's waaaay too dangerous and much harder to do it that way! That I'm full of BS! lol

BUT, I keep on keeping on! It works VERY good!

SR

It's a Canadian sold 1990 TRX 350D, still the same as the older 86 - 89 Foremans just only sold in Canada after 89 till 91. Ya it's a tank !! It'll pull what ever you can get enough traction to pull with it's monster 18 HP. I actually kinda feel bad for what I do to it ... but then it makes me walk funny for a day or two as my spine, knee's and shoulders recover from the ride we took across a mountain and back ... sooo I call it even !!

In my opinion it is the second toughest bike you can buy, only bested by a Honda 300 with a 350D rear diff cause the 300's were weak. With the 300 you get a faster, lighter bike, better gear choices and IFS so it's way smoother ... and I am looking for one that's not 3K around here. Some of the guys I ride with ride me hard when I bring out the Honda, then I stay with em all day, some time riding through what they couldn't and pulling them after ... and I still get told I'm riding a lawn mower ... SMH

The guy I bought it from figured he'd ripped me off but I had heard how tough they were and said, I'll run it till I kill it ... still going and I may treat it to front disk brake upgrade this year.

Old pic of it on 27's and fresh Gold painted rims, stacked with gear and fuel for 2 days ride into no where.

303436_10151014887453714_377866874_n.jpg

Swamp grass Salaaad anyone ?? Nom Nom Nom

546236_10151014976743714_2088728215_n.jpg
Did I mention it floats?

It's a Canadian sold 1990 TRX 350D, still the same as the older 86 - 89 Foremans just only sold in Canada after 89 till 91. Ya it's a tank !! It'll pull what ever you can get enough traction to pull with it's monster 18 HP. I actually kinda feel bad for what I do to it ... but then it makes me walk funny for a day or two as my spine, knee's and shoulders recover from the ride we took across a mountain and back ... sooo I call it even !!

In my opinion it is the second toughest bike you can buy, only bested by a Honda 300 with a 350D rear diff cause the 300's were weak. With the 300 you get a faster, lighter bike, better gear choices and IFS so it's way smoother ... and I am looking for one that's not 3K around here. Some of the guys I ride with ride me hard when I bring out the Honda, then I stay with em all day, some time riding through what they couldn't and pulling them after ... and I still get told I'm riding a lawn mower ... SMH

The guy I bought it from figured he'd ripped me off but I had heard how tough they were and said, I'll run it till I kill it ... still going and I may treat it to front disk brake upgrade this year.

Old pic of it on 27's and fresh Gold painted rims, stacked with gear and fuel for 2 days ride into no where.

View attachment 727433

Swamp grass Salaaad anyone ?? Nom Nom Nom

View attachment 727434
Did I mention it floats?

Nice ! Im looking forward for a used atv. Dont know yet on which honda model to get. Not sure if the new foreman are as tough as the old one.

I would push you towards Rincon personally, really nice all around bike but because it's independent all around you won't be able to abuse it the way I do mine. It's not that it's not tough, but the IRS will sag under heavy weight, for pure work use, find your self a solid rear axle 420.

When I post picts of me doing that on some sites, I'm told it doesn't work! It's waaaay too dangerous and much harder to do it that way! That I'm full of BS! lol

BUT, I keep on keeping on! It works VERY good!

SR
It absolutely works great! I suppose it could be a bit more dangerous, given that the trailer weighs more than double what my 5*8 does when full, but then, it's also worth at least 2 trips, so there's that. We didn't his last year as well, and it works great. Also works great when there isn't a tractor around and you just tilt the traiker and winch the 18' dogs up.

Mike

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Yup ... that's the way to do it!! If the truck is heavy enough & trailer isn't over the GCW ... send it !!

Farm load's ... ya ... those can get wild ... see post #1 ...

I didn't fire the saw today as I had too much other things to do, eat lunch at 5, nap for 20 min ... do chores, unload a truck, empty a wheel barrow of ash ... but I'm running into a new problem ... I'm running outa room for wood to be split!! Ya once the snow goes I can add more pallets but till then I may have to hold off on hauling block wood.

IMG_0026[1].jpg
IMG_0027[1].jpg
IMG_0028[1].jpg

I didn't burn a whole lot of split this year, the lil divot on the left, so I think I'll just throw some forward, and keep on piling up.

IMG_0030[1].jpg

Some one had asked how I measure height, pure simple redneck. I cut a length and screwed a broken hammer handle to the top, if it hangs above the top of the pallet base ... GTG.

IMG_0032[1].jpg

Keep on .... Runnin .... Legalish ... Loads !!

I bank on running through 9-12 C year but that depends on how much trash wood I can shove through the boiler in the shoulder seasons. It’s a older style OWB that heats a house plus a good size shop.

The area I am now stacking to is for 2 years from now. Each row will hold 25c easy.

Yes, it’s white and black poplar that is standing or fallen dead off my own property.

This year I started burning before Halloween, didn’t burn a good piece outa the stack till early December and stopped the good stuff about mid March, now back on trash.

This year i think it was 6-7 C cause I humped it... which is a good workout cause my paid job is mostly driving, think for a bit, twaddle some wires or electronics... go back to driving and drinking coffee, so this keeps me in shape.

Keep on .... Runnin’ Loads !!!

It's a 30-06... In the past I've also owned a 40-06 and a 62-06...

Deutz isn't the only air/oil cooled diesel tractors, SLH also built REALLY good air/oil cooled tractors too, mine have been VERY good to me.

SR

Latest posts

Back