Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's very slick setup!! How much wood do you stack out like that?

I was planning to do that but in 1c bunks of 4fts as I'm a boiler guy ... but sadly ... Jebus was a carpenter previous to his career as a profit ... he cry's when I try to do carpenty work ...

Keep on .... Runnin' Loads !!

Well, I got all the rounds split that were in the back of my pu, so today I got started on this,

standard.jpg

And it was nice that my wife showed up, to help me,

standard.jpg

We just rolled some of the bigger ones onto the splitter, and shoved them through the 4-way,

standard.jpg

I had other thing to do today, so we got started late with the splitting, and then the wind and rain came! SO, what could I do ?, well I did the only thing I could do, I took my wife out for supper!! lol

SR

Black gold! Black oak, that is. They're logging the highway right-of-way in my area, taking the best and chipping the rest. They haven't gotten to my personal stretch, which has a power-line and road at the edge of the state property. I took a drive to see if I could help myself to a little before it's all gone. Somebody else had the same idea, but left it behind after butchering the tree while felling it. Only about 1/3 cord, but beautiful and solid. Some great overnight burns here.
WP_20190928_11_25_52_Pro[1].jpg

Weeelll .... Stay frosty my friends ...

20191127_163720[1].jpg

I was out in the bush 15 min and this come flipping off the top as the main tree got hung, came down and took the saw outa my left hand.

It's been above normal up here for almost a week, 28-32 and I actually went back to electric for the house and just heated the shop with micro fires of just junk wood, sadly it's back to 0 ish ...

Keep on .... Runnin' Loads!!

Weeelll .... Stay frosty my friends ...

View attachment 776163

I was out in the bush 15 min and this come flipping off the top as the main tree got hung, came down and took the saw outa my left hand.

It's been above normal up here for almost a week, 28-32 and I actually went back to electric for the house and just heated the shop with micro fires of just junk wood, sadly it's back to 0 ish ...

Keep on .... Runnin' Loads!!
and you still have your left hand? right.....

So what’s your current temps and forcast?

I woke up to -31c and will be this way for a coupla days thanks to a low pressure cell. Just hauling what I can l, if I can right now cause I have to feed propane to the quads intake for it to start, then stuff the boiler I the evening.

Keep on .... Running Load’s

So I had a few hrs to spare the other day so I grabbed Ol Barry, our 65 F350 B&H truck and after a small fight with its electric fuel pump I headed to the bush for heavy stuff.

7443B6B6-7A13-44D5-A9AD-5F7CAFDCF56E.jpeg

Got a decent stack of 4fts with 18in ish heavy block to be split filling the front, got cleaned up and went and had supper in the house with the other 14 family members who’d shown up.

Over all a nice day with a very decent food coma !! Hope youa’ll had a Merry Christmas too !!

Keep on .... Runnin’ Loads !!

Latest posts

Back