Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran this minor load to a neighbour who told me they were buying wood for their firepit they were spending some time around with their small children. Don't do that, I said. We have a surfeit of firepit material so I took some around.

2nd Aug 1.jpg

The wood is blue gum, some 15 years dead, the VB (beer) box is wattle kindling and the larger box is peppermint (a eucalypt) bark which is handy for getting a bit of a flame up. It was the 2 year old's nap time when I dropped it around so I dropped it off quietly but then we drove past last night and the firepit was cranking and they gave us a big cheer as we went by. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I ran this minor load to a neighbour who told me they were buying wood for their firepit they were spending some time around with their small children. Don't do that, I said. We have a surfeit of firepit material so I took some around.

View attachment 846102

The wood is blue gum, some 15 years dead, the VB (beer) box is wattle kindling and the larger box is peppermint (a eucalypt) bark which is handy for getting a bit of a flame up. It was the 2 year old's nap time when I dropped it around so I dropped it off quietly but then we drove past last night and the firepit was cranking and they gave us a big cheer as we went by. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy.
Very nice of you

Very nice of you

They're nice people and under the pump a bit financially at the moment, I'm pretty sure. It's not a lot of work for me to pick out suitable stuff for them but makes for great times for them with their young children. I know you'd be doing the same :) . If they burned wood for heat in the house a mystery load would probably come their way.

Latest posts

Back